PDA

View Full Version : Clay bars? Different kinds of them? Possibly really cheap deal.

JimmyK
03-26-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey guys I havea few questions about clay bars, I have found them to be quite expensive but my primary question is:

are there different quality in automotive clay bars? I mean I have sent he medium grade clay bars but those arent recommended for automotive paint.

Im ordering a 8 ounce clay bar for $14 shipped. which seems like a great deal, but I dont know the quality of it.

I was hoping I could maybe cut off an ounce or 2 and send it to one of the Aficionados on this forum to check out. If it proves to be quality stuff then Ill tell everybody where to get it from. I dont want to give out information and then have everybody upset with me cuz its crappy stuff :)

Cheers

-Jimmy

TheOzzfather
03-26-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by JimmyK

Hey guys I havea few questions about clay bars, I have found them to be quite expensive but my primary question is:

are there different quality in automotive clay bars? I mean I have sent he medium grade clay bars but those arent recommended for automotive paint.

Im ordering a 8 ounce clay bar for $14 shipped. which seems like a great deal, but I dont know the quality of it.

I was hoping I could maybe cut off an ounce or 2 and send it to one of the Aficionados on this forum to check out. If it proves to be quality stuff then Ill tell everybody where to get it from. I dont want to give out information and then have everybody upset with me cuz its crappy stuff :)

Cheers

-Jimmy

I am noit sure ounces wise and I am to lazy to convert it but they sell 100g bars plus lube at Autozone. So if the bar is much bigger than say 200g it may be a good deal. Let me know I would be interested in trying it.:xyxthumbs

imported_edschwab1
03-26-2003, 08:38 PM
8 oz = 226g

Eric