PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire on windshield

imported_Aurora40
03-26-2003, 06:24 PM
A while back when I mentioned BF II`s incredible beading, someone suggested it be tried on the windshield. Well, when I recently clayed and BF`ed my car, I used the clay on the windshield prior to pitching it, then applied BF II to it. It went on fine and isn`t hazy or streaky. It rained today on the way home from work, and the BF II worked pretty well. The rain didn`t fly off in some amazing fashion (though I have a 4 mile commute and don`t get going all that fast). But it did fly off better than an untreated windshield. But the best part was zero squeaking from the wipers. In fact, they seemed extra quiet. So, the way I see it is it doesn`t have any bad side effects like extra wiper noise or hazing, and it should at least help prevent water spots from etching the glass. So I think I will BF the rest of the windows.

I also was again wowed by the super BF beading on the paint. The upper half of the car is almost completely dry. The bottom half is pretty misty, though.

:dance

stoneweed1
03-26-2003, 08:04 PM
did you polish the windshield first and then apply the all finish paint protection?

what if you only applied the polish, and wiped off vs only applied the all finish paint protection?

imported_Aurora40
03-26-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by stoneweed1

did you polish the windshield first and then apply the all finish paint protection?

No, just clayed it then the protectant.

Originally posted by stoneweed1

what if you only applied the polish, and wiped off vs only applied the all finish paint protection?

:nixweiss I don`t think the polish by itself would provide any real benefit, though.

RobD
03-26-2003, 08:53 PM
That was probably me. I also mentioned how good the glass looked, unbelievably clear from inside the car and glossy on the outside. My wipers (silicone) have continued to work well; although, for some reason, they start chattering (albeit quietly) after 30-40 minutes of continual use. Maybe it`s caused by the crud from the wet road built up on the windshield, because they work fine after I wash the car.