PDA

View Full Version : So THAT`S why I don`t detail other people`s cars

ULUA.LAWAIA
03-26-2003, 02:29 AM
I spent all day detailing my dad`s car, a 3.2TL. I did Dawn wash, Klasse AIO, S100. In the evening he goes out to a friend`s house and parks in the driveway where a sprinkler subsequently comes on. He comes home and wipes off the water with a paper towel. Sigh..

I haven`t sworn off detailing other people`s cars just yet. Actually I love it. I just wish I didn`t have to find out how they treat the cars when I`m not around.

hondaguy2582
03-26-2003, 02:40 AM
get used to it, most ppl dont` care about their cars. You do the best you can as a detailer and give them advice, but its up to them to take care of the car after its been detailed. I tell my family and friends what products, towels, wash mitts, etc... to use on their cars without harming the finish. I too am into detailing a lot now, and hopefully ill make some $$$ on the side by doing it around my neighborhood:xyxthumbs

shaf
03-26-2003, 03:00 AM
Sigh.... I know, I feel for you and know your frustration. :rolleyes:

Unless the person is willing to learn and is interested too, I found one of the worst things to do is correct someone`s technique or offer unsolicited advice in your efforts to try and get him/her to STOP sandpapering the finish to death.... :wall :wall

cackleberry
03-26-2003, 09:10 AM
I know how you feel. I`m always giving my dad hell for using the cheapest stuff he can find on his car. It just doesn`t sink in though... He`s out there all the time giving his nice pearl white Caddy a bath with dish soap and some old bath towel. What can you do? :nixweiss

G Money
03-26-2003, 10:37 AM
Seems like cars are purely utilitarian for most people. If it gets them to work each morning or from point "A" to point "B" they are happy. I can`t blame someone for being like this, but it does make even the most mild mannered Autopian cringe, doesn`t it?

imported_Smoker
03-26-2003, 11:10 AM
Ya wait till they want a new car, buy their mistreat vehicle, detail it up nice and sell it for a healthy profit ...

Where would us clean peeps be without the messy ones to take advantage of ??

:rolleyes:

Scottwax
03-26-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by cackleberry

I know how you feel. I`m always giving my dad hell for using the cheapest stuff he can find on his car. It just doesn`t sink in though... He`s out there all the time giving his nice pearl white Caddy a bath with dish soap and some old bath towel. What can you do? :nixweiss

My Dad asks me for detailing stuff for Christmas. He now has a nice supply of S100, Quikshine, Vanilla Moose and microfiber towels. He knows I don`t have time to clean his cars anymore since I am so busy getting paid to do everyone else`s and he likes cleaning his own cars anyway. At least I know he has some good stuff to clean them up.