PDA

View Full Version : Placed order fpr products - what else do I need?

imported_Dr. G
03-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Tonight I ordered the following products for my soon to arrive 2003 996TT. Anything else I should pick up for the initial preparation?

P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo

Pinnacle Poly Clay Kit

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

P21S Paste Wax

Pinnacle Crystal Mist QD

Big Blue Drying Towel

Microfiber Wash Mitt

Viper Microfiber Applicator Pads

Foam Wax Applicator Pads (From CMA - are there better ones?)

Viper Microfiber towels

Should I replace anything (wash mitt?), am I on the right track?

imported_Smoker
03-25-2003, 08:06 PM
I presume your applying the AIO by hand ?

Im a big fan of the PC and would prolly even go so far as using something like SMR between the clay and the AIO.......

Apart from that you got it pretty much sewn up.

Now all ya gotta do is move here so I can look after it for ya ;)

imported_BretFraz
03-25-2003, 08:08 PM
That list looks good. I`d add a few things if you don`t already have them:

Soft bristle brush for wheel cleaning

Stiff nylon brush for tire cleaning

Tire cleaner

A good all-purpose cleaner like EFHI

Wheel cleaner

Glass cleaner

Rubber dressing/protectant

Also to have on hand its a good idea to include a metal polish, a scratch remover like Meguiar`s Scratch X, and a few extra wash mitts. To remove tar and road crud you can use mineral spirits or a product like 3M Adhesive, Tar, and Wax Remover.

All this stuff will make a great detailing kit. Then you can add polishes and other products as needed.

AlphaSpread
03-25-2003, 09:00 PM
Leather cleaner

Leather conditioner (optional if your leather seats are coated).

Also, is it too late to cancel the Viper MF towels? It`s just that Ranney`s towels are less than half the price and so much better.

CMA`s foam apps are fine. When you run out, consider getting the nicer sized ones from Meguiar`s.

Have fun!

SK2003TypeS
03-25-2003, 10:36 PM
Wasn`t impressed with the Pinnacle Clay system (not that it was bad, just overpriced). I think I read some marketing stuff on it that sold me.

Which Viper MF towels ? The green ones on CMA ? Cuz the "magic" towel is a big difference.

Tonight I ordered the following products for my soon to arrive 2003 996TT. Anything else I should pick up for the initial preparation?

What about a stereo with a "Flight of the Valkaries" CD ready for your first pull into the garage ? :bow :bow :bow

Good Luck with the new ride !!:D

jcattarulla
03-25-2003, 10:40 PM
Congrats on the sweet ride!

You seem to be ordering the right stuff, but I echo a previous post: ditch the Viper MF`s and order from Ranny Pak (pakshak). He`s one helluva guy with one helluva product at one helluva price. Order a dozen and be done with it.

Nagchampa
03-25-2003, 10:53 PM
I would add 303 Aerospace protectant for the plastic/vinyl/rubber bits.