PDA

View Full Version : swirls in hard to reach places tips?

Re-Lax
03-25-2003, 02:46 PM
what exactly do I do with the swirls that I can`t reach with my PC. They are not faint either, so I`ll be using dacp and a yellow pad to start with. I`ve read the dacp and smr don`t work well by hand, so what are some tips?

Jngrbrdman
03-25-2003, 02:50 PM
My question is, where are you getting swirls at that your PC can`t reach? Technicly, if your PC can`t get to the area then it is going to be tough to create swirls there anyway. Areas like beneath the spoiler and places like that are tough to swirl. The swirls that do show up there aren`t tough to remove because they usually aren`t that bad. Meguiar`s #9 is pretty good by hand. You could probably try some of that. :xyxthumbs

2wheelsx2
03-25-2003, 02:51 PM
I normally work the SMR by hand in these places, but you are right, they don`t work as well as with a PC, unless you are Scottwax. I normally have trouble with some of these areas as well, and also places like in between roof rack footings on SUV`s. Maybe some of the pro`s can chime in.

Re-Lax
03-25-2003, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the prompt response.

To clarift I have swirls (maring) on the pillars bewtween my front windsheild and drivers side and passenger side windows and also on the pillar that seperates the front and rear door windows(on a four door car).

They are narrow strips about 3-4 inches wide. It seems like this is not PC work, but there is noticable marring on these surfaces.

Jngrbrdman
03-25-2003, 03:15 PM
If you mask off the rubber seals around your windshield then I don`t see any reason why you can`t use a PC on those areas. I use mine there all the time. Just mask off everything you don`t want splatters on and go for it. I thought you were talking about areas the PC couldn`t go because of size problems. Those areas are fine for a PC.