PDA

View Full Version : P21s over Souveran or Souveran over P21s?

Spilchy
03-25-2003, 02:44 PM
Which do you guys prefer for a dark green car?

I`m using both, but don`t know which combination I should use?

Any ideas?

Jngrbrdman
03-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Its all gravy, man. That is like asking which will make your windows darker; putting the tint on the outside of the glass or the inside. :p I doesn`t matter. I would do the P21S over the Souveran because I like how the P21S rinses cleaner, but appearance wise they aren`t going to be any different I don`t believe. I`ve layered them both ways and I honestly don`t see the difference.

imported_memnuts
03-25-2003, 03:22 PM
I mainly top Souveran with P21S because of P21S ability to resist dust and durability relative to Souveran.:xyxthumbs

imported_jgv
03-25-2003, 03:27 PM
Here`s a pic of a dark green roof with P21S on top of all:

Spilchy
03-25-2003, 03:31 PM
Sweet guys, thanks! :up

I think I`ll top with P21s now.

Looking forward to it. It`ll look awesome!

Steve @ Guru
03-25-2003, 03:31 PM
Call me dumb, but I see no point in layering a carnauba. The solvents and carrier agents in the carnauba will "re-wet" the previous layer, so in the end, you`re just mixing everything together...

:nixweiss

Sort of like double greasing a cooking pan. Adding more grease to the first layer of grease doesn`t make the pan twice as slippery.

imported_jgv
03-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Everyone is doing it, so why don`t we? ;)

Really, I believe that if the next coat is applied the next day, the first is hard enough to hold the new without mixing.

This is my guess.

imported_memnuts
03-25-2003, 03:43 PM
There maybe some intermixing of the topping carnuaba with the existing layer but there is a difference. Be it the semi-mixed combo or actual layering that giving the enhanced appearance effect and/or decrease dust attraction is unknown. What is known is the improved(?) results.:wavey

G Money
03-25-2003, 04:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------

What is known is the improved(?) results

------------------------------------------------------

I agree. Souveran over the top of P21S DEFINATELY improved the looks of my truck when applied on consecutive weekends.

Be it a 2nd layer or Souveran having more "pop", the 2nd coating did wonders.

Souveran on red is incredible.