PDA

View Full Version : Windshield rain repellant ??

jon_fl
08-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Has anyone used Rain Vision Glass Rain Repellant?

Is there a windshield washer additive that won`t leave a residue, won`t take off wax or windshield rain repellant? :D

thinksnow
08-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Is Rain Vision the Castrol stuff in the purple bottle?

If so--easy to apply, easy to remove, easy to no longer be functional.

Aquapel *rules* but is less available (look on Ebay). (8 months or more)
AIO lasts 3-4 months and acts as a one-step polish and repellant.
Rain-X is fine, but fairly short-lived (relies on silicons) and somewhat more difficult to completely remove. Some people experience wiper chattering with R-X

I run half water, half blue stuff and it works fine. Rain-X makes a pink and an orange (one is De-Icer, one is Bug Cutter) that work fairly well if you are using Rain-X.

*edit* Just kidding, I guess. You were referring to the TOL Rain Vision. Just found it--sorry:(

membim
08-09-2004, 01:31 PM
I haved used and like the following products on my windshield with no streaking or smearing and great water beading:

EX-P
VM
WG

Mr. Clean
08-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Though I don`t use it as my wiper fluid, I find that cleaning my windshield regularly with Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe provides nice water repellancy (did I make that word up?). The water beads (very small, tight) and rolls right up and off of the windshield.

Focusedonsound
08-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Sorry to change the topic..... But While on the topic of wipers and windshields On my driverside wiper blade only on the down stroke it seems to be streaking. Im just about ready to buy a new wiper Blade I figured I would ask while on the topic.

jon_fl
08-09-2004, 02:00 PM
The Poorboys products sound like a good alternative.

Ace Of Spades
08-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Yep, I use Poorboys PP and then EX-P. Works awesome.

JaredPointer
08-09-2004, 02:43 PM
I have used comet and a brillo pad with great results.

Joking....Poorboy`s PP works great(on a lot of things)!

etw310
08-09-2004, 04:18 PM
i just used AIO followed by stoners invisible glass this weekend, and it looked great

jon_fl
08-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Did the Stoners help repell the water? I heard that Eagle One 20/20 may repell water if anybody has tryed it.

ema
08-09-2004, 04:48 PM
I`ve had great success with Eagle One 20/20 glass cleaner. It does seem to cause a RainX effect where water beads and flies off the windshield (and side glass).

Awhile back, an Eagle One representative posted on Autopia and said that the water repellent effect was an unintentional side effect. The rep said that some customers experienced the water beading, while others did not. As a result, they make no mention of it in the marketing literature.

For the record, I`ve had the beading occur on the four vehicles I have used 20/20 on.

jon_fl
08-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Thanks Ema. I heard that it was safe for window tint too.

ema
08-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Yep, 20/20 is safe for window tint too. 20/20 is my favorite glass cleaning product for three reasons:
1) Water flies off the glass as you start driving;
2) Drys quickly with a minimal of streaking; and
3) Cost of use.

I picked up 24 bottles of 20/20 from the Eagle One website many moons ago. I believe it was under $4 per bottle.

Stoners` Invisible Glass is a nice product as well, but since it is an aerosol I find it more difficult to use on windy days.

Combine 20/20 (or Invisible Glass) with a glass microfiber and you will be in glass cleaning nirvana. :-)

jon_fl
08-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Well, thank you Emma. You convinced me.:cool