PDA

View Full Version : BMW Leather Conditioner

imported_Greg
03-23-2003, 03:43 PM
Just tried the BMW Leather Conditioner. I my humble opinion... it sucks. Anyone else try this garbage?

gocona
03-24-2003, 11:28 AM
I haven`t used it... the only BMW product i have used (well my dad uses it on his z3) is the conertible top water sealer/protectant formula... For the leather we have been used Mothers leather care products with good results.

F1Crazy
03-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Alan B

Just tried the BMW Leather Conditioner. I my humble opinion... it sucks. Anyone else try this garbage?

Which one are you talking about? I know that there is cleaner/conditioner that comes in white bottle with light green sticker that is made in Germany and Meguiar`s made here in US in creme colored bottle.

Tell us more why you didn`t like it.

imported_Greg
03-28-2003, 12:09 AM
Terrible paint thinner-like smell... I may have had a bad bottle, or maybe that`s what it smells like. Also, no noticeable effect on the leather, softening or appearance. I`m going back to Lexol!

DETAILKING
03-28-2003, 12:41 AM
Lexol is a bit glossy for my tastes. Have your tried Z-10 or 303? Both work great on leather.

F1Crazy
03-28-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Alan B

Terrible paint thinner-like smell... I may have had a bad bottle, or maybe that`s what it smells like. Also, no noticeable effect on the leather, softening or appearance. I`m going back to Lexol!

I was picking up my touch-up kit and looked at this stuff, it really smells terrible, contains petroleum distillates.

DK,

I condition my leather 2-3 times a year with Lexol and use 303 on regular basis. I`m very happy with it but I`m willing to try Z-10, what do you like about it besides non-glossy finish?