PDA

View Full Version : What do you do about pollen?

imported_NHBFAN
03-23-2003, 02:12 PM
Yesterday I detailed my truck and was very impressed with the results. Today my truck is full of pollen ... very disappointing.

What do you do about pollen? Do you use California Duster, or just QD?

imported_stormsearch
03-23-2003, 03:06 PM
we get lots here in the pineywoods. I drive a white car. When I come out to a car full of pollen, I make a decision, if it`s more yellow than white, I spray it with water at a nearby car wash bay. If it`s just a light coating, I just QD.

imported_NHBFAN
03-27-2003, 07:52 PM
Anyone recommend a CD for pollen?

jasonatv22
03-27-2003, 08:03 PM
Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms?

:D

Scottwax
03-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Personally, I advocate chopping down all oak trees and making nice furniture out of them. The whole top of my car is green.

California Duster and QD works, but around here, you have to do it twice a day...at least!:mad:

shaf
03-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

Today my truck is full of pollen ... very disappointing. Darn trees must be maliciously filling your car with pollen!!! Burn them to the ground! :angry

rd_volvo
03-27-2003, 10:45 PM
CD & QD

ultrajim49
03-28-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Postwood

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms?

:D

ROTFLMAO:LOLOL

Christiaan

jasonatv22
03-28-2003, 09:10 AM
Oddly enough, I haven`t listened to that in years. But it was the first CD that popped into my mind when he asked for a CD for pollen.

The pollen here is yellow, not green, so at least we have that. I can just ignore it and wash on fridays.

imported_memnuts
03-28-2003, 10:23 AM
On daily driver I just ignore because of the quanity of constant pollen would require frequent Cali dusting and increase chance of marring surface. If I drive the garage queen to work ( no exposure to dew,fog or showers / rain ) and it is exposed to a day of pollen, I will Cali dust and QD before putting her away.:xyxthumbs

Scottwax
03-28-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

On daily driver I just ignore because of the quanity of constant pollen would require frequent Cali dusting and increase chance of marring surface.

Frequent doesn`t describe how often I`d have to dust and QD-at least hourly with all the oak trees near me.

imported_Intel486
03-28-2003, 11:03 PM
I just am washing less frequently now since I wash it and just having the truck sit out overnight and it looks like I haven`t washed it for a week.

Mmmph
03-28-2003, 11:09 PM
My Black RX 300 looks more like a Yellow Cab with all the pine pollen. We`ve had a couple showers and that`s helped, but I`m looking forward to a real frog-choker to wash the pollen out of the trees.

If it doesn`t rain enough, I`ll have a yellow car for a couple weeks. :grrr

On the brighter side, the annual pine pollen drop is always my cue to prepare for a full in/out detail as soon as it ends.

Using the PC 7424 this year :up

imported_NHBFAN
03-29-2003, 09:52 AM
"but I`m looking forward to a real frog-choker"

frog-choker? Exactly how much rain is that?