PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Wax Color Cure Waxes

gocona
03-23-2003, 01:46 PM
Is there anything especially wrong with these waxes? I says it enhances your color...blah...blah...blah... I was wondering if this stuff would be able to hide some scratches since the wax is colored?? or if i am better off just using meg`s wax like usual.

BradE
03-23-2003, 02:28 PM
IMO you would be better with the Meguiars. Turtle Wax Color waxes are pretty much garbage IMO.

GP Infinity
03-23-2003, 02:36 PM
but I used it on my motorcycle where I had a tiny amount of "rash" and it covered it up very well. I tried it on my old Mustang (1989 no clear coat) and it didnt do very well at all..

Just my .02

Dana

imported_stormsearch
03-23-2003, 02:59 PM
I used it on my dying 1990 Honda Civic last year before I knew much about cars. It beaded well, but I think it works mostly by making the finish opaque, so it made the car look "flat". You couldn`t see many of the scratches, but you also couldn`t see any sparkle either. I`d stick with better brands

jasonatv22
03-23-2003, 10:37 PM
I`m very bitter against the product, though I realize it can cover some flaws. It only shines a good as the pigments they have in it. It`s like coating your car in a crayon, really.

I`ve bought two cars which had that stuff on them. It squeaks like there is no wax. But when you wash them, it all comes off.

My opinion, it`s a tool for crooks to sell cars looknig better than they really do. You assume no wax, but you actually got duped.

imported_Larry A
03-24-2003, 10:44 AM
Dupli-color made color wax in the 1950s. It wasent any good then . It still no good now

gocona
03-24-2003, 11:12 AM
ok, that is basically what i was thinking, thanks for reassuring me...

i shall never be lead astay again:bow

Jngrbrdman
03-24-2003, 11:19 AM
I use it on my front bumper. With the abuse the front end of my white car gets I find that using the TW color wax just on the nose helps make it whiter. I wouldn`t ever use it on the whole car, but I think it works well for what I`m using it for. I don`t have any illusions that it is going to fix all the problems on a white car though. Its just kind of a quick fix instead of wetsanding the whole nose or just having it repainted. lol The best thing to do is try it and see what you think of it. Obviously opinions will vary. You may love it or you may hate it. Nobody can tell you which to do though.

shaf
03-24-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

I use it on my front bumper. You are a brave man admitting that, sir! :bigups

imported_Smoker
03-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

You are a brave man admitting that, sir! :bigups

Better than wearing a bra.

You can get those for cars too yaknow.

:up

LDPaul
03-25-2003, 02:11 AM
I use a three step process from Meguiars and that really works. My wifes old Pathfinder was looking pretty bad until I used the cleaner, polisher, and wax. When we took it to a dealer about two years later, they thought we had repainted the Pathfinder.

I was sold at that point.

I have had no luck with the colored wax!