PDA

View Full Version : Moose Wax vs SEPC

nate010753
03-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Just wanted to collect some opinions on which to try. I am looking for a paint cleaner. Would it be better to head to my local harley store for a bottle of S100 SEPC or is moose wax better. thanks

imported_Larry A
03-23-2003, 02:12 PM
SEPC is great or you can use Vanila Moose as a precleaner . Moose Wax is different

HellrotCi
03-23-2003, 02:38 PM
Both provide excellent results and you would be happy with either one. If you can get SEPC locally, go for it and pick up a jar of S100 if you haven`t already.

There`s a ton if info here, do a search and you`ll find everything you`re looking for.

nate010753
03-23-2003, 02:59 PM
thanks I have S100 already and I really like it. I recently tried clearkote`s quickshine and was blown away by it. I do beleive the I made a mistake though I am thinking that Vanilla mosse wax is more closer to SEPC. I am basically just looking for a cleaner wax and was all set to get the SEPC but got the chance to use the quicksine and just wanted to see if their other products are as good as the quickshine.

Michaelwdes
03-23-2003, 04:36 PM
i thought the moose products were only a glaze and non cleaner wax?:nixweiss

shaf
03-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by flyby

i thought the moose products were only a glaze and non cleaner wax?:nixweiss VM is broadly equivalent to GEPC, and MW is a cleaner wax that seems to still work with VM despite this.

thevolvoguy
03-23-2003, 06:08 PM
Since youre already using S100, stick with the same system and go for SEPC. Moose Wax is awesome too, I havent tried it but have heard nothing but great things about it.

Check out Scottwax`s gallery.

imported_Tony
03-24-2003, 12:29 AM
Is this one difference?

S1oo can be used as a topper over a sealant where as..

MW has cleaners that may remove a sealant.

Scottwax
03-24-2003, 12:40 AM
S100 SEC-a very light glaze, will remove very minor scratches and swirls, leaves the paint very slick-must be topped by a wax.

Vanilla Moose-a light glaze, will remove minor scratches and swirls, along with rubber, paint, etc transfered to your paint by another vehicle. It will also remove oxidation. Leaves the paint incredibly slick and will protect it for 90 days (according to the websites). You do not have to top it if you don`t want to with a wax.

Moose Wax-a non abrasive cleaner wax with chemical cleaners. Will remove rubber and paint transfered from another vehicle and light oxidition. It is fine on it`s own and even better on top of Vanilla Moose. It will protect the paint for 90 days (noted by personal observation).

--------------------

Personally, I`ve stopped using S100 SEC-seems redundant with Vanilla Moose and frankly, in my experience, VM looks wetter and leaves the paint even slicker. I`ve got a half bottle of S100 SEC if anyone wants it-haven`t touched it in a couple months while I have 4 bottles of VM. :xyxthumbs

nate010753
03-24-2003, 09:55 AM
Great thanks for that info! just what I was looking for!