PDA

View Full Version : Best wax or sealant for yellow?

imported_Goose
03-23-2003, 01:23 AM
I just picked up a 2003 yellow silverado pickup a couple days a go and be wondering what should I use on it I got lots of different sealants and waxes so can anyone tell me what wax or sealant looks the best on yellow paint thanks

Sidney Trainer
03-23-2003, 02:10 AM
Not to sound cocky but i worked on plenty of yellow cars... Heres what has worked EXCELLENTLY

1- dawn wash ( although many will say no i swear by it to leave the paint "naked")

2- Clay Bar ( this step is optional, but its a new car and you dont wanna take risks, plus it keeps the paint clean

3- 2nd Dawn wash, to remove clay particles and other junk

4- Car Polishes "Machine Glaze" applied with a Porter Cable random orbital, KLASSE All in One works as well

5- 3rd paint work wash ( this time use something gentle such as Pinnacle Body Work Shampoo or Meguiars Gold) Just make sure there is NO CARNAUBA in the product

6- Now finally you can apply Car Polishes "Final Polish", if u decide on KLASSE, use the sealant ( In my opinion KLASSE and FINAL POLISH are equally good products, I apply them based on customer preference as I charge more for KLASSE, but I APPLY FINAL POLISH TO MY OWN CARS BECAUSE I FIND IT EASIER TO USE)

7- Apply a coat of wax on top of the sealant, It adds the depth necessary for a yellow car, as yellow paint is hard to master, I recommend my two favorite waxes here: Either Meguiars Yellow Wax (CHEAP BUT WORKS GREAT!!!!!!!), Or AMERICAN SHINE Carnauba Wax. To me these are bang for the buck waxes that have nothing to envy to anything else, dont apply any glazes as they may strip some sealant off. I Guess you could use p21s or s100 ( havent used myself but have heard good stuff)

Sidney Trainer
03-23-2003, 02:12 AM
Not to sound cocky but i worked on plenty of yellow cars... Heres what has worked EXCELLENTLY

1- dawn wash ( although many will say no i swear by it to leave the paint "naked")

2- Clay Bar ( this step is optional, but its a new car and you dont wanna take risks, plus it keeps the paint clean

3- 2nd Dawn wash, to remove clay particles and other junk

4- Car Polishes "Machine Glaze" applied with a Porter Cable random orbital, KLASSE All in One works as well

5- 3rd paint work wash ( this time use something gentle such as Pinnacle Body Work Shampoo or Meguiars Gold) Just make sure there is NO CARNAUBA in the product

6- Now finally you can apply Car Polishes "Final Polish", if u decide on KLASSE, use the sealant ( In my opinion KLASSE and FINAL POLISH are equally good products, I apply them based on customer preference as I charge more for KLASSE, but I APPLY FINAL POLISH TO MY OWN CARS BECAUSE I FIND IT EASIER TO USE)

7- Apply a coat of wax on top of the sealant, It adds the depth necessary for a yellow car, as yellow paint is hard to master, I recommend my two favorite waxes here: Either Meguiars Yellow Wax (CHEAP BUT WORKS GREAT!!!!!!!), Or AMERICAN SHINE Carnauba Wax. To me these are bang for the buck waxes that have nothing to envy to anything else, dont apply any glazes as they may strip some sealant off. I Guess you could use p21s or s100 ( havent used myself but have heard good stuff)

There is also a specific process I follow to keep up the initial job... You can use AMERICAN SHINE carnauba wash as your body work shampoo from then on and every 2-3 weeks apply a new coat of carnauba, and every 4-7 months strip down to clearcoat and start over..... thats just my way..... Good Luck with that new car

Preachers Sheets
03-23-2003, 03:15 AM
Black02Z28LS1

Sweet, I`ve got a 1999 Camaro SS (LS1).

imported_Goose
03-23-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by joed1228

Black02Z28LS1

Sweet, I`ve got a 1999 Camaro SS (LS1).

I love Camaros and Tran Ams but my sister wanted my Z28 so I let her take over the payments but I wish still had my Z so whats your SS run in the 1/4