PDA

View Full Version : Fun day today with Tony

Detailing NY
03-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Tony drove a real long way with his plug in car;)

Actually it was a VW jetta Diesel engine, with an electric plug to keep it warm.

It was a white car, that needed some tender loving car. It was not in that bad shape. Tony was coming to me to learn how to detail the car as well.

I have to say that i have never seen anyone pick up on how to detail so fast in my life. He is a natural. First we hand washed the car, then clayed the car.

We then used 3m perfect III compound to bring back the white in the car. We used the rotary to apply this.

I did half the car with the rotary while Tony watched to see how i used it. Tony then did the other half.

This was the first time Tony has ever used a Rotary in fact he has never even used a PC. He had no problem using the rotary. he took about 2 panels on the car for him to get the feel of it and then look out, he was buffing away.

We then used VM glaze and topped off with S100. I think Tony got more S100 on the floor then on the car :xyxthumbs

The car came out great, i am just way to tired to post them right now, i will post them tomorrow.

We had a lot of fun to tell the truth, lots of joks were being told and fun sarcasim. To bad you live in the boondocks otherwise we could detail more often, then have some beers.

OK Tony, I am done now, so if i forgot anything you can reply.

(private joke)

NYD- pix to come tomorrow

Bop
03-22-2003, 10:18 PM
I had a great day today thanks Brian so long (private joke) :D

Bop
03-22-2003, 10:59 PM
No really, It was truly a great day today. We had a blast!! Who ever lives in the tri-state area and wants to start a detail business on the side, I highly recommend Brian and his Magical Yellow Extension Cord :p. I was very impressed with his business and also his Yellow signs were very bright :). This guy has a truck filled to the top with chemicals, towels, yellow signs :)

and a big freaking vacuum cleaner.

I started the day @ 7:30. I arrived on time, Brian did not :) (and he just had to roll out of bed!!). Brian explained how we were going to tackle my car, and then we got started. We noticed a lot of swirls on my car (I thought I took care of my car the right way, but I guess I was using the wrong technique). I kind of got lost with all the good s_it we were putting on the car, but I knew I had a pro working on my car so I wasn`t worried. Plus I new we were connected to Brians Mascot, The Yellow Extension Cord so I knew we were in good shape.

Brian, thanks for being so helpful, and I`m sure you will be hearing from me in the near future.

Tony:bounce :xyxthumbs

Detailing NY
03-24-2003, 06:30 PM
pix #1

Detailing NY
03-24-2003, 06:34 PM

Detailing NY
03-24-2003, 06:37 PM
pic #3

Detailing NY
03-24-2003, 06:41 PM
this customer saw us in the morning and came by around 3 to have his car done. This one ran on gas and did not need to be plugged in at night like tonys

C. Charles Hahn
03-24-2003, 07:23 PM
I didnt know vee-dub even did diesels anymore.... :nixweiss

Bop
03-25-2003, 12:28 AM
Now I`m jealous, I like the red better than mine.

Good Job Brian!! :up

Nitax
03-26-2003, 11:08 AM
The Red VW has some serious Bling Bling action goin on was that the same formula??

Zack

Mindflux
03-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

I didnt know vee-dub even did diesels anymore.... :nixweiss

The "TDI" VW`s. 1.9L Diesel Engines, people on the VWVortex get 750 miles to a tank of Diesel.

Gotta love that..

I wish I had that mileage!