PDA

View Full Version : Did a good detail today

imported_Aurora40
03-22-2003, 07:19 PM
I clayed the Aurora today, as you may have gathered from my review. I then hit it with some Swirl Free Polish. It really felt incredibly smooth and slick after the claying with Final Detail. My wife came out to tell me she was going to the fabric store while I was applying the SFP. I told her to gently feel the surface of the paint to see how smooth it was. She was impressed, and when I said "it feels like glass, ehh?" she replied "it feels much better than glass". Then she added "I`ve always thought your car felt smoother than glass". What a wonderful woman! :bow

I decided to just put Blackfire II on right over the SFP. The paint was really looking great from the SFP, and it was soo smooth that I just skipped the BF gloss stuff. I applied the BF by PC, and put about one drop per panel on (two on the hood and roof). So it was pretty thin, but I can see the haze. It has been sitting for about 2 hrs. now and it still smears. I guess this is just the way BF II is going to be. I will try applying subsequent coats thinner, but I can`t really apply the first coat so thinly that I can`t even see it. I just wouldn`t have confidence that everything got covered. And no way I`ll drive the car around with possibly no coverage. If nothing else, it would make all the prep I did a waste... I`ll hit the car tomorrow morning to try and buff it off with some QD. Otherwise, I guess it will just be hazy until the next wash. I guess the fact that the BF really wants to cling to the paint should be a good thing... :nixweiss