PDA

View Full Version : 3M microfiber towel .. any comments on it? Only MF I can find here lolz

sheltem
03-22-2003, 04:18 AM
Anyone used it b4 or any comments? Its the only one that sells here in my supermarkets :D

imported_BretFraz
03-22-2003, 08:58 AM
If that`s all you can get then our opinions do not matter much. Go ahead and use it, I`m sure it will be fine.

We have many suppliers of microfiber in the US so we can afford to be picky. If you can get only one supplier then that`s OK. After all, it`s just a towel. :)

Derektri
03-22-2003, 10:28 AM
I have a couple that I use to clean my windows. For that purpose they work great, no lint. But I have not tried the cd test with them to see how they would be on paint.

JHP
03-22-2003, 11:01 AM
I got the Scotch Brite kind from Costco that was posted here a while back. They have 3M on the tag. I just tried the cd test and rubbed really hard and didn`t see a single scratch. I guess I will be using these on my new car for the klasse I just bought.

BTW at Costco they are 6 for $7. And they were in the house cleaning section, in the very back of there. So if you have a bulk wherehouse type of store try checking there as well.

sheltem
03-22-2003, 11:20 AM
Good idea to test it on a CD .. but that will not show how well a MF towel will trap it in its nap right? :D I need to ask because money is precious ... don`t want to waste money on something that is useless right :D

Its only a towel yeh but must get a good towel that won`t scratch :D

shaf
03-22-2003, 02:27 PM
2hotford likes them: http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19769

Tim Lingor
03-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I actually think that they are pretty darn good!! They easily pass the CD test, and seem to wear really well!!

ps. Hey Brian, the Penticton Zellars store is out of TW MF`s...guess who!!!;) :D I guess some crazy Autopian just bought the whole works!!

YoSteve
03-23-2003, 03:30 AM
It`s okay, lacks in "plushosity" :xyxthumbs, but from a quality company who makes lots of quality stuff. I`ve sent to Singapore before.

sheltem
03-23-2003, 12:41 PM
Actually 1 thing that kills me in Singapore is the postage it costs to send to Singapore .. Think it will cost about $8USD to send 1 MF towel over excluding the cost of the MF towel lolz :D

Please do correct me if I am not wrong as I do not live in US :D

shaf
03-23-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by YoSteve

It`s okay, lacks in "plushosity" :xyxthumbs .... :lol There`s that word again! :lol

Tim, you`re turning into the MF black hole of Penticton! :D