PDA

View Full Version : New Wax as You Dry Product

Mass. Wine Guy
03-21-2003, 02:13 PM
I`ve seen this new spray product in a red squeeze spray bottle that claims to do a decent wax coat when it`s sprayed on a freshly washed car and then dried off. Has anyone used this? Is it any good, have any longevity at all?

meGrimlock
03-21-2003, 02:21 PM
You can do a search here for it. Many people have said it is a good product to shine your car up with after washing. It will not provide substantial protection for your paint, though. If you use it just as a shine enhancer, it is a great product. Be sure to use a good quality wax/sealant, as only that will afford your paint any type of protection.

jasonatv22
03-21-2003, 03:11 PM
I`ve used it on the wife`s car (silver) but not mine. I have a black car and I know it will cause streaks...but...

I love using it as a QD. It`s like QD concentrate. When I want to get the pollen and dust off and shine it up during the week, I`ll wash the car and then usually wax the hood and trunk.

But if I`m lazy, I`ll just QD them with the Wax As You Dry and then use a little EO Wet QD if I feel it`s a little uneven.

But I`ve got to find a place where I can buy QD by the gallon. I can`t stand spending $5 per 16 oz. I also wonder why Sam`s or Costco doesn`t have some Giant 64 oz toothpaste. :D

imported_Larry A
03-21-2003, 10:42 PM
I used wax as you dry this afternoon on my wifes van It left a great shine but only last 2 or 3 car washes It is very easy to use and makes wipe off easier

Patrick
03-22-2003, 02:44 AM
http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20171

captkirk2
03-22-2003, 11:49 AM
Its great stuff. I was thinking about cutting it with distilled water. I will try 1:1 and see how it goes. Beats those watered down detailers IMO.

RobD
03-22-2003, 04:08 PM
Postwood,

After a wash, I tried using it on a dry - recently BF`d - surface (like I would a traditional QD) and you`re right, it works well. Don`t need very much and, on silver at least, it left almost no streaks, even without going over it (similar to EO Wet). I applied it with a soft cotton towel (tried using MF, but it dragged a little) and went over it with a MF towel - nice shine and slick too. I`ll bet the shine/protection lasts longer than when it`s applied to a wet car, which isn`t long at all.

imported_Larry A
03-22-2003, 10:00 PM
A friend of mine says that if you spray it on a dry car like a QD while its wet with WAYD spray a lite coat of EOWS and wipe both products off he says no streakes . I havent tried that yet