PDA

View Full Version : Am I a bad person?

Pages : [1] 2

Nagchampa
03-21-2003, 01:21 AM
I was at a store with my wife when she found a large (27" x 50") Microfiber bath towel for $20cdn. I tried to encourage her to buy it knowing full well that it would end up in my detailing supplies in a week or so. Unfortunately, she was on to my little scheme. :nixweiss

Kyle K.
03-21-2003, 02:13 AM
Yes. You are a very bad person for trying to make your wife buy a microfiber towel that you planned on taking. You should be ashamed of yourself. :(

Actually, I probably would have done the same thing, only sneakier. You should buy it for her for an anniversary or birthday or something, then "accidentally" use it on your car one day and then tell her that you`re really sorry that you soiled it, and its too bad that its not good enough for her to use anymore. :xyxthumbs

imported_Solution Finish
03-21-2003, 08:08 AM
Or better yet, work her emotional side with, "it`s for the children". Gets `em every time!!;)

Nagchampa
03-21-2003, 10:00 AM
She only found one of these so it must be gone by now. The store is called Winners and it is very similar to your TJ Max`s. Definately worth the occasional look for quality cotton towels.

audio1der
03-21-2003, 10:05 AM
You`re a terrible person for not passing along where you found such a large MF towel in Canada!

Nagchampa
03-21-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by audio1der

You`re a terrible person for not passing along where you found such a large MF towel in Canada!

Check your local Winners store! The towels are pink.:o I didn`t get a chance to feel them as I was trying to act like I wasn`t interested in them but I did notice they were waffle weaves.:spot

Scott P
03-21-2003, 10:32 AM
Before I discovered MF, I asked the wife if I could add white Fieldcrest towels to our wedding registry. :xyxthumbs

audio1der
03-21-2003, 11:59 AM
They`d be a lot more useful than a 3rd toaster oven...

Thanks, Nagchampa. I`m going at lunch.

shaf
03-21-2003, 04:34 PM
Nah, you`re not a bad or deceitful person, just obsessed! :D

Just curious, is this towel plush on both sides? I`ve seen another largish MF towel at Wal-Mart that has absolutely nothing (literally) on one side of it!

Nagchampa
03-21-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Nah, you`re not a bad or deceitful person, just obsessed! :D

Just curious, is this towel plush on both sides? I`ve seen another largish MF towel at Wal-Mart that has absolutely nothing (literally) on one side of it! The towel was a waffle weave. It was wrapped in plastic so I didn`t get to feel it. It looked good though besides being pink. There was only the one left at the store and my wife found it. I will check back to see if they get any other colors in.

I have some of those non-plush Wal-Mart towels for windows.

Do you have Winners stores in BC?

ByndCln
03-21-2003, 06:22 PM
I actually found some microfibers at a Dollar store today. Bought three and gonna get more later.

By the way they are 11.5"x 12"

llbts1
03-21-2003, 06:43 PM
Yes your a bad person.:nono You were going to buy a towel without trying it on the cd test first? Are you sick?? Oh yeah, that wife thing also. :xyxthumbs Larry

ryeh2o
03-21-2003, 07:42 PM
Hey Nagchampa, you should just take the initiative and grab it for the garage at first site. I`m sure there is a wash bucket and mitt looking for their lost relative.

How much by the way?

Nagchampa
03-21-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by ryeh2o

Hey Nagchampa, you should just take the initiative and grab it for the garage at first site. I`m sure there is a wash bucket and mitt looking for their lost relative.

How much by the way? I would have bought it if it wasn`t pink. I will just keep using the good bath towels then throw them back with the laundry for now. ;)

It was only $20! (about $15 US) Regular price was $30. I am going to check the Cambridge factory outlet store near me for some defective towel deals this weekend.

shaf
03-21-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Nagchampa

Do you have Winners stores in BC? Yep, although I imagine stock varies greatly between stores, given what kind of stuff I`ve seen in there. :p