PDA

View Full Version : Automagic XP Polish

daveskee
03-20-2003, 07:22 PM
I`ve searched the forum and found the only Automagic product people seem to like is their claybar. Anyone ever tried the XP polish? Says its a moderatly aggressive polymer enchanced leveling polish. Since I`m new to the detailing thing, I wouldn`t know good or bad or the difference between it and DACP. Can anyone share?

Scottwax
03-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Automagic makes a great clay bar, but their product line is more geared to the `assembly line` type detailing operation than to the high end market.

Every polish of theirs I have tried leaves white crap everywhere. No sense using a product that does that when there are so many good ones that don`t.

Pats300zx
03-20-2003, 08:42 PM
I just picked up some of theh Auto Magic "Magic Mist" carnuaba based QD. Its really good and very inexpensive. Goes on very easy, no streaks, etc.

I have also use some of their "Body Shine" thats comes with the clay bar. I am sure their are better QD`s out there but for the money these aren`t bad.

daveskee
03-21-2003, 06:46 PM
I picked up a bottle of the XP Polish when I bought the claybar. They threw in a large bottle of QD in for free so I`ll see how that works. I think I`ll put the polish on my "Don`t use shelf" for the time being. Thanks for the replies guys!

esi
07-29-2004, 08:07 PM
I too am interested in this Automagic XP Polish and the BC1. Have you finally tried it out? Feedbacks please.

imported_Larry A
07-29-2004, 08:54 PM
I know a few detailers that like BC2 to buff with.

jimmybuffit
07-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Scottwax, I respect your opinions and position... But,

AutoMagic`s No. 76 GS-1â„¢

Just kicks butt as a final polish. (Yes, I`ve tried many.) Certainly no white residue.

Also, I use their Citrus Wheel Cleaner, No. 727 XP Citrus Wheel Cleanerâ„¢.

Spray on, Dwell, High Pressure off, no brushing required.

Jim

Demon Detailer
07-30-2004, 07:13 PM
Auto Magic is the low end (cheap) product line for the professional market. Their BC2 is oily and just hides the imperfections rather than fixing them. Just take a little alcohol to the car after using it and you will see my point. And, it will only last one wash.

Most of their other polishes and compounds will turn rubber /plastic white and dry to concrete in the cracks.

Their glass cleaner is probably the worst detailing glass cleaner on the market. If you want crappy windows, just call Auto Magic.

Their Red Hot degreaser will ruin rims and aluminum engine components in a flash if you aren`t careful. But, hey it`s cheap!!

I can go on, but I think you get my point.