PDA

View Full Version : washing car in light drizzle

Pages : [1] 2

stoneweed1
03-20-2003, 01:31 PM
anyone have any thoughts on washing during a light sprinke of rain and then drying off the vehicle in the garage? anything to worry about?

Lemonxxs
03-20-2003, 01:36 PM
I do it and in hard rains too...do not have to worry about panels drying and you get a really good rinse......

I would worry if I was in an area that received acid rain though....

F150BOB
03-20-2003, 02:41 PM
I thought I was the only person that did that. I`ve never had any problems doing that.

You get a lot of:shocked looks from people driving by. But, when I know I`m not going to drive the car/truck again until after it rains, I do it. Then I know it wil be ready to go the next time I want to drive it.

BOB

aljo
03-20-2003, 02:46 PM
Ewww, POLLUTION!

Cactus
03-20-2003, 03:01 PM
I don`t do it here in Phoenix due to the high dirt content of water drops in the rain. In the Summer and fall it looks like you drove through a mud bog after any rain, no kidding. I`ll get a picture later this year of what a car looks like after a Summer/Fall rain shower. Unreal.

AlphaSpread
03-20-2003, 04:11 PM
I wash my car in the rain all the time. It`s absolutely perfect on days when you want to combine your wash with a clay session.

Nocholis Rimnson
03-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Wow, I Thought I was the Only Person that washes the car when it rains...I Dont Put My car away wet!...

My Wife Thinks Im nuts.Out In The Rain Washing my cars. But In So Cali Rain Is Not That Often..Til This month!.

KSCobra46
03-20-2003, 05:00 PM
I wash my car in the rain sometimes. Great rinsing and soft water! My neighbors think I`m crazy.

imported_Luster
03-20-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by mark cummins

Wow, I Thought I was the Only Person that washes the car when it rains...I Dont Put My car away wet!...

My Wife Thinks Im nuts.Out In The Rain Washing my cars.

My exact sentiments!

It`s so much easier to give it a quick wash in the rain, then put it in the garage and dry it.....

Than it is to let the dirt and krud dry on it overnight and try to wash it the next day. Much harder to get it clean that way.

I do that every time I drive it in the rain.

OK...call me anal.....

My response is: "Thank you."

YoSteve
03-20-2003, 11:48 PM
it`s better to wash your car after it`s been rained on (easier too), the dirt is loosened and has been "marinated" so most of it just hoses right off

also if you drive in the rain and get home you can rinse it before it dries.

Sometimes, I just let my car sit in the rain awhile and then wash it later.

later

Amin Bilal
03-21-2003, 01:27 AM
I just finished washing my car in the rain and outside my jobs parking garage. :xyxthumbs

boarderx
03-21-2003, 08:19 AM
I never even thought of washing in the rain. I`m gonna have to try it now. Just what I need - another reason for people to think I`m nuts!

F150BOB
03-21-2003, 09:55 AM
Just what I need - another reason for people to think I`m nuts!

Isn`t this place great?:bounce

BOB

Legend107
03-21-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by F150BOB

Isn`t this place great?:bounce

BOB

*cheers* :D

imported_Kyle
03-22-2003, 06:46 PM
haha me too I did that before, I thought I was only one doing this. :)