PDA

View Full Version : Shopping list, check me...

breakneckvtec
03-20-2003, 12:31 PM
I have two buckets already, as well as car wash soap, trim dressing, tire dressing, and wheel cleaner. I am going to do some swirl removal on my car, heres my list of products I am buying to tackle it:

Big Blue drying towel

FI II machine polish

3M SMR

GEPC

S100

2 Yellow pads

2 White pads

6" backing plate

2 chenelle wash mitts

2 water bottles, for residue removal

12? MF towels, I dont know which ones to get or from where, need help here!

What else should I look to get? I dont need to order interior products. Later down the road I will order some of that stuff. Just trying to get rid of the damn swirls.

jcattarulla
03-20-2003, 12:39 PM
I would definitely recommned DACP over 3M SMR. It`s a little more "aggressive" but it works in easily and produces excellent results.

For MF towels, I recommend Pakshak, from Ranney Pak.

What about a QD? My preference there is Pinnacle Crystal Mist.

Good luck!

Nick T.
03-20-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by ejant

Clay and lube. A car shampoo/distilled water solution is much better than a dedicated clay lubricant or QD spray, and less expensive besides.

Originally posted by jcattarulla

I would definitely recommned DACP over 3M SMR. It`s a little more "aggressive" but it works in easily and produces excellent results.

IMO 3M SMR is a better balance in aggressiveness between FI II and GEPC.

imported_Smoker
03-20-2003, 01:07 PM
Clay and whatever lube ya want - i use the Clay Magic lube cos I got it with the kit. ($10 :P)

Ill prolly stick to soapy water when its run out, or QD.

Im biased towards DACP too ... i LOVE the stuff :)

As for MFs, prolly buy a package deal from Pakshak, everyone says his stuff is great and customer service is excellent.

You dont say what machine youll be using tho ... so cant help with the pads.

breakneckvtec
03-20-2003, 01:13 PM
Sorry, got the clay, got the lube, already clayed the car. Pakshak, uh, is the site for them the same as the name? What else may I need.

2wheelsx2
03-20-2003, 01:18 PM
Yup. www.pakshak.com

Or you might try JT International. No website, but his towels are always on eBay. jtintern@hotmail.com

shaf
03-20-2003, 02:55 PM
I`m not sure if DACP would be needed, since I believe NYD has already had a go at the car? :confused:

Nick T.
03-20-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Smoker

As for MFs, prolly buy a package deal from Pakshak, everyone says his stuff is great and customer service is excellent. The MF towels available <A HREF=mailto:waynejitsu@hotmail.com>here</A> are excellent and have a good price!