PDA

View Full Version : How to Polish and Wax

Dalight
03-19-2003, 10:53 PM
I just got my Blackfire polish and sealant today and am a little curious why there is a difference in their instruction (and the way I was taught) and the instructions in the Autopia e-book.

Every polish, wax, or even rubbing compound (polish) I`ve purchased tells you to apply in small, circular motions. The Autopia e-book says to apply in a back and forth motion. This makes sense to me since it keeps you from making swirl marks.

But, if this is true, why does every manufacturer in the world tell it`s customers to use small circles?

huggybear
03-19-2003, 11:02 PM
buy our product...please apply in circles..you got swirls on your paint?...that sucks...wait we just HAPPEN to have a product that removes swirls...please give us more money...

thanks im here all week...

Scottwax
03-20-2003, 12:01 AM
But, if this is true, why does every manufacturer in the world tell it`s customers to use small circles?

Probably because it is easier for the average person to get complete coverage using circular motions than using back and forth motions. :nixweiss

jerry@robs
03-20-2003, 02:27 AM
I agree with Scott, and besides, it`s not the motion that`s causing the swirls, it`s the dust/dirt that will be stuck in between the paint and the applicator that will cause the swirls (and the applicator itself as well).