PDA

View Full Version : Do any pro`s use a Cyclo polisher?

Preachers Sheets
03-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Do any of you guys use a Cyclo polisher? Seems like it is a Porter Cable on steroids. If it`s alot better than my Porter Cable random orbital I want to purchase one.

wejden
03-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Sure we do, at least in Europe.

The Cyclo is used to apply the wax (final step) and to remove the overhead after it has dried.

Normaly we use a rotary for polishing/scratch removing because the Cyclo does not "work on the paint" as the rotary does.

If it is a black car we use the Cyclo for the finishing polish step (we normally do 2-3 steps of polishing on used cars) instead of the rotary with a black waffle pad.

Using the Cyclo to put the wax on, it gets worked into the paint better than by hand and you reduce the risk to get that greasy look from an uneven layer of wax.

Regards,

Robert Wejdenstal

Sweden

jerry@robs
03-20-2003, 09:18 AM
I think Anthony O. does, well the pic in his website shows a Cyclo... The videos in RightLook also shows a Cyclo...

imported_Intel486
03-20-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by theveed

I think Anthony O. does.

Yep, he uses ones.

Ryan
04-29-2003, 06:50 PM
I use the cyclo and it is the best to polish and wax with. It is powerfull and used with the right products can get great results and it fits into small spaces and around corners.

Ryan

Anthony O.
04-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Yep....I use one, well actually two:p

The Cyclo is a bit more aggressive than the PC and the Cyclo can actually take pressure without it bogging down. The PC can`t take much pressure before it starts bogging down.

I use my Cyclo for polishing and it works great with the suede MF bonnets to remove sealants and waxes. I don`t use it for cutting because all it, and the PC, do is haze the finish as they don`t have enough UMPH to level the paint down, at least to where I like it.

If money is no concern then the Cyclo is the way to go:xyxthumbs

Anthony

tangix2001
04-29-2003, 09:34 PM
I have a Cyclo and a rotary. I use the rotary for the heavy work and polish and apply wax with the Cyclo. Plus you can get the brushes and clean carpets far quicker than by hand. I love the thing.:)

wash_me
04-29-2003, 11:43 PM
I have one and I don`t think they work as good as a PC and the cost is high.