PDA

View Full Version : Looking For a Picture of a Car

Dillon Poole
03-19-2003, 04:11 PM
Okay, I`m gonna be painting my truck in the next year and trying to see as many pictures of different colors that I can. Not sure this belongs here...sorry.

But I have loved a certain color ever since seeing it. Anybody remember the early new style (between 97-2000 sometime) GS300 and GS400 Wine Red? I have only seen it a few times and can`t find a picture of it anywhere. Anybody have this color or seen it, I`m looking for the name of the color. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Jngrbrdman
03-19-2003, 04:28 PM
Anything like this color?

http://members.shaw.ca/econoline/images/Integ_front2.jpg

I love that color red. I`m not a huge fan of red, but I could be a convert if this was an option.

imported_Smoker
03-19-2003, 08:03 PM
Best options to find the colour :

1) go to a paint supply store and see if theyll let you flick through the colour chip books.

2) Go to the car dealers and check out the colour options for the models you THINK it may be THEN go to the paint supply shop :P

Odds are youll be looking through the chips and find something you absolutely adore!

Bear in mind tho Pearls, Micas and Chameleons are SUPER expensive and need someone who knows what theyre doing to apply them.

Dillon Poole
03-19-2003, 08:08 PM
Well they only made the color for one model year (which I don`t know). My dad works for Toyota so I can get any Lexus paint real cheap but no dealer can help since I don`t which year it was and a paint chip is different then what it looks like painted on the car....arghh lol. Thanks tho :)

imported_Smoker
03-19-2003, 08:20 PM
Well go to the paint shop supplier and get em to pull out the chips for Lexus.

There will only be one close to what your after, I`m sure.

Chips are pretty close to the real things, otherwise there would be no point in having them!

;)

Dillon Poole
03-19-2003, 09:01 PM
No I know what you are saying, you just can`t picture a color unless its over a large surface, not a 2x3 little paint slab...learned this too many times painting rooms lol.

aljo
03-19-2003, 09:15 PM
LOL!

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77865&highlight=red+wine

You already beat me to it I guess.