PDA

View Full Version : Klasse vs. BF

Kenji
03-19-2003, 04:40 AM
I did some search.

I found that some posts saying BF is better than Klasse.

for dark color.

mine is a Dark Metellic Blue.

BF is still better. :nixweiss

just want a confirmation.

thanks.

Jngrbrdman
03-19-2003, 06:54 AM
You`ll find posts saying that Zaino is better too. You`ll find posts saying that every product is better than every other product. That doesn`t mean anything. It just means that the person who wrote it liked Blackfire better than Klasse. There is no right or wrong product. Just what is right or wrong for your own personal taste. Its so totally subjective that nobody can tell you what to use. I`ll use them all. I don`t pick a favorite and become a zealot to one product. They all look good.

Blackfire looks like Klasse with a coat of good carnauba on it. Klasse gives a really awesome shine but it lacks the carnauba glow. Blackfire gives you both but sacrifices durability a little. Neither one of them is better than the other so nobody can tell you which to use. You just have to decide which one you want to try first.

Patrick
03-19-2003, 10:47 PM
And of course, thats Jngrbrdman`s opinion. And hes a reputable Autopian, been here a while too....One thing you will find of fortune here on Autopia, are reviews of great products. Its not often, if at all, you will come across a product that is garbage. Like Jngrbrdman said, its a matter of personal taste. Try to stay away cheaper brands, or you`ll get exactly what you pay for....

:down

MTO44
03-21-2003, 08:54 AM
You could do what I did, Klasse AIO first, then follow with Blackfire. Car looks great (Dark Orient Blue). I plan on layering the Blackfire (1 or 2 more coats in between washes) and then putting Pinnacle Souv Wax on top. Might be overkill but it can`t hurt.

Patrick
03-21-2003, 11:57 AM
Far from overkill ! That would be beautiful !! Great combo, I too have used the AIO for base, then sealed with BF....I really dont have any of the better carnaubas to top with however....

Jngrbrdman
03-21-2003, 12:31 PM
Overkill would be what I had on my car last year. I had dozens of layers of SG and probably at least a dozen layers of carnauba on top. It just kept looking better and better so I couldn`t quit. lol

2wheelsx2
03-21-2003, 12:45 PM
You mean that`s different from this year? Don`t you have dozens of layers of SG with Platinum UPP sandwiched in between? :p

Jngrbrdman
03-21-2003, 12:48 PM
;) heh heh heh... kinda. I did till about a month ago when took it all off. I start my spring detailing kinda early. Hopefully within the next couple weeks I can start all over again. I hope to max out on my sealants by June so I can start layering my carnaubas. Mmmmmmm..... Perfection is sooooo close. :p

MTO44
03-22-2003, 10:02 PM
Would 3M IHG in between 3 layers of Blackfire and Pin Souv Wax be overkill????

Jngrbrdman
03-22-2003, 10:38 PM
I don`t know that there is a such thing as overkill. I don`t know about IHG though. I don`t imagine a problem layering it on top of Blackfire but I wouldn`t try putting it on top of any carnauba. It would probably be an interesting combination.

SergC
03-23-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by MTO44

Would 3M IHG in between 3 layers of Blackfire and Pin Souv Wax be overkill????

No,but it would be a kill for BF due to IHG containing cleaning agents :D

IHG before BF would work;)

Serg:wavey