PDA

View Full Version : Removing staining caused by wax

ssmokn
03-18-2003, 03:42 PM
About a month or so ago I detailed on of my cars and I tried Blitz wax for the first time. I`m thrilled with how it looks and how it has been lasting.

I noticed that some of my rough black trim has the "wax stain" on it. I`m pretty sure this was caused by the Blitz wax because I taped everything off and removed the tape right before waxing.

Is there any product that will remove the stains (preferrably permanently rather than just hiding them)? Thanks.

meGrimlock
03-18-2003, 03:51 PM
I have gotten good results using a soft bristled toothbrush, and some dish soap in water (warm). You could also try a product like 3M Adhesive and Tar remover.

Jngrbrdman
03-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Peanut butter is an old detailers trick. You could use that. The oils in the PB will take out the wax stain. The stain is basicly from the fillers in the wax. That is why waxes like Souveran and P21S/S100 don`t stain. You have to be careful if you are using one that does stain. Its not too hard to get it out though. I have a couple toothbrushes for getting wax out of trim. A couple shots of armor all and a tooth brush will do a good job.