PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Autopians! I NEED SMR!!!

aljo
03-18-2003, 03:22 PM
Hey all!

I have sourced s100 wax to

1) Harley Dealership @ Yonge & Hwy 7 (29.99)

2) Cycleworld @ McCowan and Sheppard (23.99)

I am having trouble finding 3M SMR for Dark Colour Cars.

I found some Meguires #9 but, I don`t know how it performs.

Also, when I search for "Meguires #9" I always get an error saying "9" is under the minimum characters allowed.

So Toronto Autopians, where do you get your 3M SMR and for how much? Do you have any 1/2 bottles you would like to get rid of? (I would pay $$)

Oh and another question :)

If I use SMR before s100, its just like using SEPC before s100 right? (Save myself the extra $25 for the SEPC if I can)

Thank you!

shaf
03-18-2003, 04:16 PM
Try phoning around to body shop supply stores or UAP/NAPA if no one can give any specifics. Usually they stock it or can at least get it.

SMR is mainly a polish and doesn`t glaze/fill that much. I can tell you from experience that it will definitely improve the look if you glaze (or SEPC) before waxing. If you don`t want to spend that much for SEPC just hop over to CT and get the Mothers glaze ($8-9 I think). It`s not the same thing, but it`s a good glaze.

HTH

audio1der
03-19-2003, 02:19 PM
4DSC is correct.

I had phoned 3M looking for a dealer here in Calgary, and they told me UAP/NAPA are the largest National distributors of 3M product.

If there is a NAPA paint supply store nearby, start there.

Best of luck,

Audio

Jademonkey
03-19-2003, 02:56 PM
UAP/Napa stores around where I live(pickering/ajax area) carry all of the 3m products discussed on here.

Go to their site(not sure what it is, search on yahoo) and look for the closest one to you.

MirellaBoo
03-19-2003, 03:46 PM
It will definately carry all the products if it has a CMAX location with it. They also carry the entire Meguiars professional series and a few misfit products too.

paco
03-19-2003, 05:17 PM
Where did you find the No.9?

By the way, some Canadian Tire`s carry the pro line.

Where every find the No. 9 - ask them if they can order the Body Shop Line and ask them for the Swirl Free Polish and Dual Action Cleaner Polish.

If you`ve found No. 9, there`s no need in searching for 3M unless you`re interested in trying out the Perfect III Line.

In Mississauga, you can find 3M and Meguiars at Cmax just off Dundas at the AutoMall by between Winston Churchill and Erin Mills Rd.

Meguiars Pro line can also be found at AutoPartsPlus on Britannia just west of Dixie.

There are few autobody shops that carry the line as well. Call around and you`re bound to find one. Granted, Cmax is the only place I have found so far that carries all of the 3M line.

Note: UAP/NAPA no longer carry many waxes as Cmax is owned by them. Cmax is their paint counterpart. You can easily find the pads, backing places, sandpapers, compounds / waxes there.

3 main lines: Meguiars (complete line), 3M (complete line) and Farecla G1, G2, G3.

Paco