PDA

View Full Version : Carnauba paste wax questions - -

Nick T.
03-18-2003, 01:13 AM
Recently I’ve started to play with carnauba paste wax, and to keep from buying too many different products to experiment with I’d like to hear your opinions and experiences, especially on both black and white paint. I’m interested in shine, depth, and layerability. Durability is not a factor for me.

imported_edschwab1
03-18-2003, 01:22 AM
The two waxes I use are S100 and OG Blitz. Becareful with the OG as it will stain trim. Both produce great results.

Eric

crooper
03-18-2003, 02:17 AM
i`ve tried blitz and s100 and i prefer the s100. doesn`t stain trim, easy to remove, great shine.

Richt
03-18-2003, 03:38 AM
S100/ P21s for shine and wetnesss, easy of use, no dust!

Blitz does not produce the same gloss or wetness as the P21s , but makes the colour look richer, However thin i apply i get dust.

Megs 26 is Ok, gives a good gloss, but doesnt really have the wow factor of the p21s, and is no where near as easy to use as p21s.

03-18-2003, 06:30 AM
i use blitz by buffer and it spreads so thin and even ive yet to get dust . . . and the shine is simply amazing. One thing i would say, finally buff using a MF not cotton, for a oil free surface finish. Ive yet to try s100 so can`t comment on it.

Richt
03-18-2003, 06:35 AM
Prepped my car on sat for a show no dust with any product i used apart from blitz????:confused: Applied it thinly with a yellow megs hand pad, removed with a MF? Not alot of residue but enough to warent a wipe down with qd in door shuts etc?

03-18-2003, 06:57 AM
everyone who posts here gets dust from blittz, so i was suprised when i didn`t! Rich.... i used GS27 for the first time on the bonnet, £6.99 from halfords, had a few slight scratches, gotta say, i was very impressed with it. Found it less abrasive than AG paint renovater. I applied by buffer and worked it in, bugger to get off though, but worth the effort.

Brodydog
03-18-2003, 06:59 AM
Nothing better than Pinnacle Souveran on black, if durability is not a factor.

I`ve tried this, too: Souveran, topped two days later w/ P21S - Keeps the dust down (P21S appears to attract less dust than Souveran) and looks great. Slightly darkens paint on lighter cars, though.

Richt
03-18-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by markbigears

everyone who posts here gets dust from blittz, so i was suprised when i didn`t! Rich.... i used GS27 for the first time on the bonnet, £6.99 from halfords, had a few slight scratches, gotta say, i was very impressed with it. Found it less abrasive than AG paint renovater. I applied by buffer and worked it in, bugger to get off though, but worth the effort.

Nice one, im using megs no 9 and swirlfree at the mo, had a few marks on my bonnet which swirl free and GEPC removed. No effort needed though! I have resigned my AG paint renovator to the not in use shelf, i found that stuff pretty abrasive?

03-18-2003, 07:11 AM
rich, bought one of those new megs waffleweave drying towels at the classic car show, will let you know if its any good.

Richt
03-18-2003, 07:17 AM
think you will like it, looks like the microfiber tech one i have just in yellow.