PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe a Better QD than Quick Shine?

Gadfly
03-17-2003, 08:34 PM
It rained today and I used Spray and Wipe to clean up my black Santa Fe. Interesting results!

The car was Moose Waxed and really looked nice before the rain. After I wiped down the lower door panels and rear hatch that had accumulated crud, I MISTED the upper doors, roof and hood with Spray and Wipe. I must say that the car looked even better than after a wipe-down with Quick Shine.

Is this a new use for Poorboy`s product?

NattyBumppo
03-17-2003, 10:42 PM
I love Spray and Wipe....very versatile product. It works fantastic on glass too.

I think Intel486 uses it diluted 50/50 as a QD.

Natty

CharlesW
03-17-2003, 11:41 PM
If I remember correctly, Steve once suggested diluting the Spray & Wipe 20% to use it for a QD.

He also stated that it was not intended to add any gloss to your finish, only to clean that finish. He said something to the effect that if you used Spray & Wipe on dirty, dull paint, you would end up with clean, dull paint.

Given all the very good QD products out there, I would tend to use one of them and use my Spray & Wipe for cleaning vehicles.

Charles:wavey

Poorboy
03-18-2003, 02:00 AM
Ah yes Charles but you are missing a piece to the puzzle.

The Spray and Wipe can enhance a well maintained vehicle by cleaning contaminates as they occur, leaving that just waxed look, when using as a QD. It works best for those who use products that can clean as their final application. these products usually trap a slight amount of dirt in their layers. The Spray and Wipe will clean out the dirt and leave the finish clean and looking its best, just as a dull dirty car will only become a clean dull car, it will be the best looking dull clean car.

The real quest of Autopians is to find the perfect combination of products and process to achieve the most awesome look....good luck everyone..hoped it helped...

shaf
03-18-2003, 03:14 AM
Someone told me Spray & Wipe isn`t slick like a QD though?

Poorboy
03-18-2003, 07:50 AM
That would depend on what the surface was like before it became dirty...it`s not going to create it`s own slickness(is that a word?) without the waxes and silicone. As most Autopians know the prep will decide how smooth and slick the surface will end up.

Final applied Products should enhace the finish and add protection.