PDA

View Full Version : First UK Meguiar`s concours

03-17-2003, 01:32 PM
Went to the London Classic car show at alexandra palace at the weekend...... great show, trade stands etc. This show was co sponsored by Meguiar`s and had a concours for classic cars. The cars looked fantastic, about 12 in all..... but 2 things, first ALL the cars were full resto jobs, no original paint etc (one of the guys i spoke too, his car was 3 weeks out of the oven, i mean come on thats have some real cars in there. I`d rather see original cars than open cheque book garage queens anyday. I must say i took a dim view of the cars on show and Meguiar`s must take some blame. Second.... when i asked about which wax they used and indeed did they use Meguiar`s products, i was asked if i was a spy for Meguiar`s! i took this as a sign they dont use their products...... and the guy with the winning ferrari, Yawn, predictable, ive more money to spend than the next man....... didn`t know anything about wax at all, "I use that pink autoglym stuff........" yeah right, i pointed out this was a cleaner/polish/sealer, not a wax.......he basically didn`t have a clue what i was on about........ anyway, it was a shame, you might as have brand new cars exhibiting for all the use it was.

so basically the concours was a joke as some of the owners and they didn`t use Meguiar`s products......

Richt
03-18-2003, 03:42 AM
LOL, Megs judged our concours and show and shine last July and most people didnt use there stuff!

Alex Creasey
03-19-2003, 08:06 PM
Bummer!

Really wanted to go as it`s only up the road from me!

Went past it on the Friday + some of the golden oldies were driving about which looked cool. Oh well, next year!

What else was going on there? Ally Pally is a dam big place, what did they fill it with?

Cheers chaps :)

alex.

imported_Larry A
03-19-2003, 09:35 PM
Went to some car shows were they give Meguiar car wax away free to people in the show . One reason Meguiar product are popular at Pebble Beech is because they give a loy of it away

03-21-2003, 04:21 AM
well they gave buggerall away at this show, not even any discounts on their products.......... show was good though, 3 halls..... one was car clubs, one trade stands, one autojumble. All good stuff, bought some great stuff for the garage though.

imported_Smoker
03-21-2003, 01:28 PM
And there lies the perfect example of the penny-pinching, over taxed, super-expensive Britain I gladly left behind.

:)

Richt
03-24-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by markbigears

well they gave buggerall away at this show, not even any discounts on their products.......... show was good though, 3 halls..... one was car clubs, one trade stands, one autojumble. All good stuff, bought some great stuff for the garage though.

we invited them to our show......... they dont want to know when it comes to club discount :grrr