PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Down Under with a Question

s8n
03-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Hi There,

I took delivery of my gorgeous Audi S3 in Imola Yellow a few weeks ago. I`ve been a avid car detailer always looking after my previous rides with much care and love!

My car came with Silk Nappa Leather and Alcantara suede in the WILLLLLLDDDDD Imola Yellow color to match the paint, what can I use to clean the suede (front seats only, as no one sits in the rear) and also protect them ?

Also, does anyone know if the P21S products are available in Australia? You guys seem to rave about these products and I`m intrested in their carnuba wax..

I`ve been using a combination of Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, Megiuars Quick Clay Detailing Kit and the ScratchX wth a few coats of Gold Class Liquid Wax... But it doesnt really give it that honey rich color and shine... I figure a paste wax may be better?

Please help!

Thankyou :)

Kris

Anthony O.
03-17-2003, 02:50 PM
Hey Kris,

Check out this web site for the leather issue http://www.leathercpr.com/auto.htm

I personally have never used their products BUT I have heard good things about them. They have a number you can call and ask them about your suede finish. If I have the correct picture in my mind of the suede then you need to be careful not to get it too wet BUT I am also guessing that there is a protective coating on it.

I would also toss out the Meguirs ScratchX only because it is very abrasive for your finish and you can use a far less abrasive product with a polisher, like a PC, and get better and safer results.

Try Top of the Line for your ordering needs. I am sure they can ship down under.:up Tell em Anthony sent ya. www.topoftheline.com

The P21S is a wonderful wax but you may want to also look into laying down a polymer first then using P21S, Pinnacle or Trade Secret as a final topper.

Take care,

Anthony

Michael H
03-17-2003, 02:57 PM
s8n

Several of the products mentioned on this site can be found at www.waxwizard.com.au

Producst list at this page: http://www.waxwizard.com.au/html%20files/catalogue.html

Enjoy your new baby!

Mizzuri
03-18-2003, 04:00 AM
Kris,

for P21s products try your local Harley davison dealer and get the S100 SPEC and wax. Same product but with packaging for the cycle market.

Id try some of Meguiars professional range. Go the Meguiars home page www.meguiars.com.au and search for the state distributor near your. give them a call and find some swirl free polish.

if you try the swirl free polish, SPEC then S100 wax you will definately notice a diff from the meg products your using now. Its hard for us aussies to find good products on the net. have to source them from places like wax wizard or professional detailing suppliers (Yellowpages)

Good luck.

Tony

s8n
03-18-2003, 04:15 AM
Im so confused now :)

Ok, from start to finish, what should I be using?

Do I first paint clean? or use scratchx or similar?

Polymer?? what the???

Start to finish, A to Z what do I need :)

Btw, this will be done by hand...

Thanks for the help so far, its obvious I need the P21S S100 wax, so ill get that next week

Michael H
03-18-2003, 04:36 AM
s8n

The process to follow is broadly:

1. paint cleaner

2. polish

3. wax

If you have particular problems like swirl marks etc, they also need to be addressed. Wax Wizard have an extensive range of free detailing tips (see the second link above). Drop them an email and ask for Tip No 2 on the 3 stage cleaning process. I am sure they will send it to you. It has detailed explanations in plain english.

Myles
03-18-2003, 04:41 AM
Nice car.

Ther are so many options to go with here.

The aussie that have replied have given good advice, as we usually do.

If i were you id clay your car, then paintwork cleanser, then a polymer (ultragloss or the like) and then S100.

Use Meguiars yellow pads to apply, and Meguairs microfibres to wipe off (use only micrfibre)

Get other stuff like Plexus for all the clear plastic and look after your lovely alloys.

For washing id get the Meguiars lambswool washmitt, Sonax Gloss Shampoo, Meguairs Chamois and few microfibres to wipe off the water streaks.

Use 303 protectant on all vinyl and rubber.

Any question please feel free to Private Message me anytime mate.

Myles

s8n
03-18-2003, 04:58 AM
Excellent, thats what I needed :) lol!

I`ve got the Megiuars Washmitt and Ive also got the Chamois.

Waxwizard is constantly down for me ! arggghhh.

I`ll get these products and see how I go, Waxwizard sells them all???

The S100, Harley Davidson you say... Any close the city??

Myles, do you have MSN Chat?

s8n
03-18-2003, 05:02 AM
Ive also got the MEgiuars yellow pads and ive got heaps of clean terry towels that ill use rather than outlay more money on Microfibre after just finding out the $20 tube of ScratchX is rubbish ! :(

I`ve got the Megiuars for the Class... Whats UltraGloss, and what cleaner should I use? Ive got the Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner from Megiuars

Whats the 303 protectant?

Myles
03-18-2003, 05:32 AM
For all Aussie Autopians.

Im a Melbournian, Melbournite etc. Any other Melbourne based Autopians?

I do have and use (unlike others) MSN Chat.

If you like you can all chat to me and maybe we can all chat together.

My nick is WyldSyde or you can add me with my email

millionsofmyles@hotmail.com

s8n ive private messaged you (lengthy)

s8n
03-18-2003, 05:47 AM
Ive not recieved a PM and your not online :)

Myles
03-18-2003, 05:48 AM
One more thing

BUY AUTOPIA`s E-BOOK

it is a fantastic read and a bargin. You will lean alot.