PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic-Werks Sealant/Polish

Pages : [1] 2 3

mx5
03-17-2003, 08:12 AM
Whats the scoop on this product? I did not find any posts on this yet.

http://www.autopia.org/review/censura.php?tsid=1&csid=8e963e67748cc2b9060b21f5c8285156&cmd=details&itemid=251

http://www.acrylicwerks.com/whyacrylic.ivnu

"Acrylic-Wërks is a highly developed acrylic polish from Germany that contains no wax or petroleum distillates. It is in essence a water-based thermoplastic coating of acrylic. Acrylic has an estimated 1800° Fah. melting point. Acrylic-Wërks is best applied in direct sunlight, while the surface is hot and expanded, in order to let Acrylic-Wërks into the pores of your paint for deep cleaning and filling, thus creating a non-porous and U.V. protected surface. Acrylic has a much higher melting point than wax, allowing your polished coat of protection to last much longer in the sun. Acrylic is naturally much harder than wax, thus allowing more protection of the surface. Acrylic is clear enough to manufacture aircraft canopies and aquariums with it. No one will ever go back to using a wax to polish anything after using Acrylic-Wërks!"

Scott301
04-05-2003, 01:20 PM
I was wondering the same. The application section on the website looks different.

http://www.acrylicwerks.com/instructions.ivnu

Brad

WS6Fury
04-06-2003, 04:23 PM
This has got my attention!!!! Want to know what kind of chemical technology they have now to engineer a type of acrylic liquid that you use with water???

Scott301
04-06-2003, 04:43 PM
Me too.

Scott301
04-25-2003, 12:24 PM
I called and spoke with Mark at Acrylicwerks.com and he was very helpful. I can`t wait to try out their stuff too.

Brad

Poorboy
04-25-2003, 12:32 PM
Actually this makes no sense...Acrylics are plastic and plastics are made from petroleum distillates....I`m not a chemist but maybe ..one could explain....

imported_jgv
04-25-2003, 01:14 PM
Funny the quantity of products you have there that claim being made in Germany but in fact only exists there, in the US!

ashsarna
04-25-2003, 02:51 PM
I would be interested in your findings BradNC.

Scott301
04-25-2003, 02:54 PM
It should be here next week. So I will write a review after I am done.

Thanks,

Brad

Poorboy
04-25-2003, 07:59 PM
ok I read the whole thing.....it doesn`t make sense...if your using 2 buckets of water how is the surface expanding and contracting, and since when does a clearcoat expand and contract? they also mention that it is for paint, which does contract and expand, not on clearcoats, even though they mention that clearcoats are made of acrylic plastic which are made from petroleum....they are also comparing a solid colored candle to a clear open fish tank..

I`m soooooo confused....

BradNC what did the guy tell you?

ashsarna
04-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Steve, you make a good point and I am confused (it is easy for me;) ). I called them (and am not technical my any means) and was told that this is not layerable yet no definite answer if it can be topped (like they said of einzett).

I am still eager to here BradNC findings. I read a bit of a comparison test (with zaino,UPP,BFII, and klasse) on the roadfly forumn by steve@gurureports (I think that is GeekySteve on this forumn) and it seems to be performing.

Scott301
04-25-2003, 09:39 PM
I left him a message asking him about his product. He called me back and spent about 45 minutes talking about their product, application, etc. I don`t know how to explain it but it was extremely interesting. However, I can promise a review after I try it.

Brad

imported_Smoker
04-25-2003, 10:05 PM
There are two types of `Acrylic` and it seems folks are getting confused.

Acrylic Paint is water-based.

Acrylic Polymer means a petroleum-based methyl or methyl-ester product.

Dictionary meanings :

Acrylic resin ( acrylic coating, acrylic plastic )

A thermoplastic resin prepared by polymerizing acrylic acid (C 3 H 4 O 2 ) or methacrylic acid (C 4 H 6 O 2 ), or a derivative of either, especially an ester, e.g., methyl methacrylate

and :

Acrylic paint: a quick-drying, synthetic medium, can be transparent or opaque depending on thickness of application, retains brightness but is no longer water soluble when dry.

DETAILKING
04-26-2003, 02:25 PM
Hmmm......no abrasives? No petroleum Distillates?

And it removes oxidation and tar? RRRRIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTTTTT

dr427
04-26-2003, 03:16 PM
I wonder if L&S 501 (http://www.ls501.com) , Crystal Glo (http://www.crystal-glo.com) , this Acrylic-Werks, and other Acrylics from German Forumlation are all the same stuff. I talked in length with the actual manufacture of L&S 501 (a German guy) and have even used it in several tests. The L&S 501 guy said he brought it to America about 15 years ago targeting military installations and then had a falling out with the company he represented, but had the formula. He says he private labels for several people now and does very well. The wholesale cost is dirt cheap (about $4 a pint if ordered in 24ct.). I would love to see Geekysteve`s report on it. It doesn`t bead and that is hard for me to get used to. My half and half test looks like the Acrylic failed after the first wash, but I am guessing it is due to the sheeting action because it is still smooth to the touch.:confused:

It stains trim that is textured and deep scratches are left white (due to the filling in process). The trim staining can be removed, but takes some rubbing.

Anyways, I wonder with all this Acrylic German Formulation if it is not all the same stuff? The German name WAS called "Langzeitschutz" "Super-Acrylharter".

Need a net detective to get on the case!

:doh