PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of this wax?

ByndCln
03-15-2003, 10:36 PM
Carnu-b

I bought a wax from the state fair. I have used it and love it. I shine pennies to show friends it`s quality. I was just wondering if anyone has used it or at least heard of it. Maybe someone with more detailing experience could tell me what take they get from their website.

www.carnu-b.com :nixweiss

imported_Greg
03-15-2003, 10:49 PM
I guess I would be skeptical because it is a liquid carnuba claiming longevity of over 6 months!!

chevyguy28
03-16-2003, 02:36 AM
By the description, it`s a cleaner-wax, which is perhaps why it is able to shine up pennies ;) Seems to be a low distributed product, so I doubt anyone here has used it. But, if you like it, then it must decent at the very least.

ByndCln
03-16-2003, 02:50 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. If it is a cleaner wax would it probably help to use a sealant over it for better longevity.

:nixweiss

chevyguy28
03-16-2003, 03:20 AM
Well, the description says that it removes water spots and swirls. So, if it truely remove swirls, it must have some chemical cleaner or abrasive in it. This is my speculation, but you have the product, so you`d know for sure. Why don`t you stick with it for a few weeks and see how the longevity holds up?

imported_Aurora40
03-16-2003, 08:06 AM
Out of curiosity, how big is that bottle for $19.95?

ByndCln
03-18-2003, 02:48 PM
It is 16 oz., but I got 2 for that price.

Thanks for the comments

imported_Larry A
03-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Sounds like IBIZ CAR WAX to me maybe they buy it in bulk and put it in their own bottles

ByndCln
03-19-2003, 05:57 PM
I like what it has done for me but not sure if I am going to buy more this year since I am now detailing for other people. Been reading threads to get an idea on an avenue to take.

Her is a pic of what it did for a black F-150

Buck-O
06-13-2003, 04:25 PM
I dont mean to dig this thread back up to the top.

But a friend of mine was trying to sell me on this stuff last week.

You wouldnt by chance happen to have bought that at the Puyallop fair would you? Reason i ask is cuase my friend bought two bottles of it there this year too.

Anyway, he tried to convince me it was a superior product. So we put it to the test on his white Celica All-Trac, with a single stage paint job. He used the Carnu-B, i used S100 SEPC and S100 wax.

We picked a panel on his car that was preaty skuffed up. And split it.

The result...

The Carnu-B removed the "crud" in the paint a bit easier, and did a decent job of helping to hide swirl makrs. And made good on removing the dull spots int eh paint.

The SEPC had to be worked a bit harder to get the crud out of the paint (mind you this was probibly the first real paint care this car has ever had), but it had a deeper sheen to it, did a better job of removing swirls, but didnt do as good of a job at removing the discolorations of the paint, with a little elbow greese it was able to match the Carnu-B.

Next step came the application of the S100. It ofcourse had a mich more brilliant, and lustrious shine.

On his kick panels ont he car, they had been preaty weather beaten by years of going over Snoqualime pass by its previous (and original) owners. The Carnu-B did a GREAT job of restoring the paints finish down here, and helping to clear up the pitting for the years of daily sand blasting. Needless to say, i was impressed.

However, the bad side. If this stuff lasts six months...id like to know which calender they used. ITs been two weeks since we did his car. The S100 is still shiney, and still beading water like it should. The Carnu-B...is starting to dull, and the fillers are getting worn away. After a quick once over with some SEPC, and a coat of S100 on the kick panels of the car, it was back to looking good.

Another interesting factoid. We used S100 over some areas od the rear bumer he had used some Carnu-B on. 2 days later those spots where hazing, and had a strange, greesy, powdery film on them. Kinda reminded me of damp white graphite lubricant. What im not sure is weither this is from the Carnu-B, or the S100. Either way, they didnt like each other. Again a quick once over witht he SEPC, and the S100, and it wasnt even noticable.

So, in some ways it works, and does give a good initial result for an all-in-one product. However, it still cant match the shine, or the restoring properties of doing a proper multistep paint treatment.