PDA

View Full Version : Any reviews on AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection?

Pages : [1] 2 3

sheltem
03-15-2003, 11:39 AM
Hi never saw it on review b4. Has anyone used it b4? How is it? Can it be layered? How does it compare to Meguairs Polymer Sealant #20 ?

Kindly advice as these 2 are readily available in shops in my country.

Bobby G
03-15-2003, 11:53 AM
I have it and used it twice in a test. The AUTOGLYM twins are closer in feature and function to the Klasse twins than anything else. Better than average and much better than Meg #20.

db

sheltem
03-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Wow and to think it costs less than #20 .... $26 ++ Sing dollar vs $35 ++ Sing dollar ...

It shows that Price is Not = quality lolz :D

Bobby G
03-15-2003, 12:09 PM
It`s more likely that AUTOGLYM is easier to import into Singapore than Meguiar`s or has less import tax.

sheltem
03-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Great .... do you have your test results posted anywhere? like its Durability, gloss ...

Does layering help in ANY sealant used? Is there a max layer?

Paintxpert
03-15-2003, 12:35 PM
I really like the stuff :up

Gives off a nice shine. Not particularly wet and glossy looking, and it doesnt give much depth, but it looks nice.

I tend to layer it on my wheels for max protection, but for the bodywork I prefer to use Super Resin and then Blitz/S100 when I feel the need :D

Try doing a search for some reviews/pics.

Lowejackson
03-15-2003, 03:34 PM
I also like the stuff, here is a review from CMA http://www.properautocare.com/autexglospro.html also have a look at some amazing pics with Autoglym http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18778&highlight=autoglym

I have been using Autoglym for several years, I think they produce a good range of products that work well. Gloss can be layered and then topped with wax if you wish.

Remember, the real difference in getting a great shine is the effort and skill not the product. I am convinced that there are a lot of folk on this forum who could get amazing results with Turtle Wax due to their skills and experience.

Steven

Michael H
03-15-2003, 05:23 PM
Make sure you do not get the product on the trim, or you will regret it. Stains the trim big time!

sheltem
03-15-2003, 10:03 PM
Ahhh ... Okie ... will get it away from the trim .. becareful in that area ....

What I personally notice for AG Extra Gloss Protection is that it applies easily but it seems that it has streaks which I have to rub harder to get it off .... I am using handpolish not a orbital ...

Is it because I did not give it enough time to dry?

sheltem
03-15-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Lowejackson

I also like the stuff, here is a review from CMA http://www.properautocare.com/autexglospro.html also have a look at some amazing pics with Autoglym http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18778&highlight=autoglym

I have been using Autoglym for several years, I think they produce a good range of products that work well. Gloss can be layered and then topped with wax if you wish.

Remember, the real difference in getting a great shine is the effort and skill not the product. I am convinced that there are a lot of folk on this forum who could get amazing results with Turtle Wax due to their skills and experience.

Steven

THx man for the links :D Will look at it soon .. rushing out now for a appointment. Cheers :D

Michael H
03-16-2003, 03:41 AM
It is hard to remove even if dry. I have compared it to a relatively cheap Australian glaze. The Australian Glaze was easier to apply, remove and it lasted a lot longer. It also cost about one third the price of Autoglym. So while Autoglym is alright there are better products in my experience.

With the exception of Klasse AIO I have yet to find a glaze or glaze like product that is easy to work with and lasts. 3M IHG is easy but only lasts 3 days!

sheltem
03-16-2003, 04:49 AM
But a glaze is different from a sealant right? A glaze is meant to fill in those scratches temporarily while a sealant is meant to protect it

Lowejackson
03-16-2003, 07:40 AM
The trick with Gloss is to use small amounts, think of it cost ten times the money and you dont wish to waste it. The longer you leave it, the better. You are applying over Super Resin?

Steven

sheltem
03-16-2003, 09:26 AM
NOpe just after I did claying ... will it be much nice over Super Resin ...

Could I check something ... My friend is using Super Resin as a wax (protection) without anything on top.

What is Super Resin actually?

I thought it is a polish ... and there is no protective function?

If so why will the gloss look nicer over Super Resin Polish?

tkr128
03-16-2003, 09:51 AM
The Super Resin is an AIO product. It`s supposed to clean, polish and protect. I`ve never tried it but a detailing store highly recommended it.