PDA

View Full Version : the methods used.....

imported_ajbarnes
03-15-2003, 07:35 AM
I used dri-wash n` guard for washing and sealcoating. Then I used Mother`s Carnuba wax. I let the wax sit for about 10 minutes. I did the whole car by hand without using orbital`s, etc. Maybe using it could`ve helped? :nixweiss

Hawkeye_TDI
03-15-2003, 08:26 AM
It sounds like you either to much wax, or you didn`t let it dry long enough.

Try some GEPC than another coat of wax. use as little wax as possible. With mothers you shoul let it dry to a powdery haze. Then buff it off.

Let us know how you make out.

Bruce

shaf
03-15-2003, 12:52 PM
Is this in regards to that post about "smearing/swirls"? Are you gettting some weird hazing that moves around or streaking kind of deal?

It could be too much wax or not lettting it sit long enough like Bruce said, but if you`re using that Dri Wash & Guard stuff I would have to wonder if that`s causing interference with the wax. From what I`ve read, DWG is meant to be used alone with no other wax or product on top. If you read their FAQ it says it can streak under certain circumstances.

http://www.driwash.biz/eti/dwgq&a.html

That stuff sounds scary - it uses the words "buffer" with this stuff! :eek: If I recall correctly, Scottwax knew a detailer who was using that stuff and switched her over to QEW, which is only a wash and probably better suited for the type of detailing we do.

Another possibility is that the DWG wasn`t fully buffed off, which can sometimes cause problems when you apply coats of products over one another.