PDA

View Full Version : Chenille Wash Mitts from Tacscar

imported_Goose
03-15-2003, 12:49 AM
I just got my order from tacscar.com I ordered 4 100% cotton chenille wash mitts and when I opened the package the mitts had cotton seeds in them I did a cd test and it left scrathes on the back of the cd so where else can I get the real 100% cotton wash mitts or atleast mitts that wont scrath

shaf
03-15-2003, 01:11 AM
I would suggest returning/exchanging them to Tacscar and telling him about this problem. As I recall there was a similar problem in the past with cotton seeds in chenille mitts from either here or CMA. It eventually got sorted out and is not a "normal" thing. Try a search when it`s fixed.

Oh what the heck - I might as well take this opportunity to plug my locally bought sheepskin mitt option! :p PLUG: Easy to find and check for authenticity, not expensive, and you get to pick it yourself. Also won`t hold dirt like MF or chenille. There! :D

Good luck in whatever course you take.

EDIT: regarding the CD Test, check out this thread too: http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20334

Jademonkey
03-15-2003, 01:17 AM
definetely talk to tim at tacscar about that. I have bought 8 mitts(that I can think of) and not one of them has had the problem you are describing. Every one of mine passed the cd test prior to use, and I have not noticed any scratching occuring because of them.

genX
03-15-2003, 05:40 AM
4DSC: where do you buy your sheepskin mitts?

I have given up on cotton mitts. They don`t last as long as sheepskins (although cheaper) and very hard to find really good quality ones.

shaf
03-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by genX

4DSC: where do you buy your sheepskin mitts?

I have given up on cotton mitts. They don`t last as long as sheepskins (although cheaper) and very hard to find really good quality ones. Mine are actually left over from what my father bought years ago. It doesn`t stay dirty unless you try to clean off tar/grease or clean the tires or wheels with it. So far the only thing seeming to limit their durability is if the leather tears or the stitches come out. It might go "bald" after a long while but it`ll fall apart before then! :p

Costco has (had?) a pretty good deal on a 4 pack of 2 mitts, 1 combo scrubber mitt, and a (not 100% cotton :() chenille mitt. Taxlady posted about this a few weeks ago. Wal-Mart probably still has them for I think $7 or so each. Some London Drugs may have some left as well for $10. Selection everywhere usually improves as spring draws near though.

I hear you about the cotton mitts too. If real 100% cotton mitts exist anywhere around here, I haven`t seen or heard of them. :down

imported_Goose
03-15-2003, 08:08 PM
well I emailed Tim last night and I havn`t got a reply as of yet

tom p.
03-17-2003, 02:19 PM
guys, turtle wax offers cotton chenille mitts that are compact in size, extremely durable and long-lasting and don`t shed much. I wrote to Turtle Wax and they said the mitts are 95% cotton. i am a big fan of cotton wash mitts but never found any that lasted more than a few washes.

I have been buying these at Walmart for about $2.50. I have been very surprised...in a good way

:up :up :up

imported_2wheelsx2
03-18-2003, 12:23 AM
have you guys used the ones from napa auto parts? i use the over sized one i think it was 7.99 and its about 30 percent bigger then the others. i havent treid a cma one or one form tim yet though

imported_Goose
03-18-2003, 12:36 AM
nyrep1

I used the Napa wash mitts before they didn`t scratch my car but they are not all that good and you got to watch the backing to make sure it doesn`t touch your paint or its scratch city so I only use them for my wheels now I hope that helps you

imported_2wheelsx2
03-19-2003, 01:19 AM
realy ? thanks man i will check mine again this weekend

imported_chr9s
03-19-2003, 02:53 AM
I`m sorry if this may be a little off topic. I`ve tried searching to no avail.

What are the mechanics of the CD tests you mention? For instance, if you do a CD scratch test for a washmitt, do you test the mitt dry and rub it on the CD, or do you really "simulate" the actual conditions the mitt will be used - example, mist CD with water, dip mitt in shampoo solution and rub on CD, etc. ?

I`m pretty sure that for MF cloths, the CD test would be straightforward. I was just really curious about the washmitt test and whether it does involve simulation.