PDA

View Full Version : How many oz`s in a us gallon?

imported_Faceman
03-14-2003, 02:26 PM
Hello,

In the UK I can get various meguiars prodcuts by the US gallon.

Could someone please tell me how many oz`s in a us gallon - i believe it to be 128, but not 100% certain.

Thanks,

Face.

PS. Would I have any problems using my empty Quik Detailer spray bottle with Megs Final Detail?

grisby
03-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Correct--128 ounces US or 133.22 British

hope this helps

bill g

imported_Faceman
03-14-2003, 02:44 PM
certainly does,

many thanks,

face

Jngrbrdman
03-14-2003, 02:52 PM
www.convertit.com is your friend. :xyxthumbs It saves my butt all the time when doing weights and measures conversions. I use it for currency conversions too. Pretty nifty site.

shaf
03-14-2003, 03:51 PM
I also like www.onlineconversion.com :xyxthumbs

Nick T.
03-14-2003, 04:28 PM
It amazes me that a country that was able to put men on the Moon (and bring them back safely) over three decades ago is still using archaic measuring systems! Is the U.S. the only country remaining that still measures using 19th century scales?

Two cups to a pint, two pints to a quart, four quarts to a gallon; twelve inches to a foot, three feet to a yard, five thousand two hundred eighty feet to a mile; fluid ounces, dry ounces - - it makes my head spin! Quick. how many inches in mile? A third world twelve year old can tell you how many centimeters there are in a kilometer!

Nagchampa
03-14-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Nick T.

It amazes me that a country that was able to put men on the Moon (and bring them back safely) over three decades ago is still using archaic measuring systems! Is the U.S. the only country remaining that still measures using 19th century scales?

Two cups to a pint, two pints to a quart, four quarts to a gallon; twelve inches to a foot, three feet to a yard, five thousand two hundred eighty feet to a mile; fluid ounces, dry ounces - - it makes my head spin! Quick. how many inches in mile? A third world twelve year old can tell you how many centimeters there are in a kilometer! Lets not forget your outdated measurement of temperature as well.;)

Everywhere else in the world 0* is the temperature at which water freezes and 100* is the temperature at which it boils.

Jngrbrdman
03-14-2003, 04:36 PM
You know that we actually put a man on the moon before we built a hand held calculator? Its true. That is, if you even believe we put a man on the moon to begin with... ;)

Lowejackson
03-14-2003, 05:42 PM
.. if you even believe we put a man on the moon to begin with...

LOL :D

Is the U.S. the only country remaining that still measures using 19th century scales

I think so

Steven

wrpeterson
03-14-2003, 05:53 PM
Actually, there are 6076.1 feet in a mile - an nautical mile that is...