PDA

View Full Version : Multiple layers of Blackfire beneficial, or is there a max?

tupsliats
03-14-2003, 01:49 AM
I think I read that only a couple of layers will have an effect, above that won`t do much. Is that right? I`m doing my 2nd layer of the all finish (AF?) paint protector this weekend. Wondering if I should try something else to top it off in a week or two, or keep on going with this a few more times. I don`t know *squat* about the chemical properties of these things and how they bind to the paint.

Spilchy
03-14-2003, 08:55 AM
If you`re planning on topping with something else like Souveran or P21s (my recommendations with BF), only use 1 coat. The second coat won`t make a difference and you`ll save on an expensive product. However, let it cure for 8 hours before you top it off.

If you are NOT topping off the BF, then use 2 coats of it.

imported_memnuts
03-14-2003, 10:00 AM
Since BF II has some volatile oils that help in it carnuaba-like appearance any rejuvenation created by adding another layer will be beneficial. The rejuvenation can be accomplished by using their (BF`s) QD or adding another layer. This is the norm for most products ( Zaino Z6 and Z7, Souveran and Plaz Glaze - Crystal Mist, Clearkote`s Moose Wax - Quick Shine, etc,etc).

I have also found that 4-5 coats to be the max in obvious improvement in depth of BFII and any further enhancement is accomplished via a topper ( P21S/S100, Souveran, Power Shine,etc).:xyxthumbs

tupsliats
03-14-2003, 03:24 PM
Thanks guys. It`s not that I`m afraid to experiment with adding layers, I`m not that lazy, I`m just anxious to try something else new on top. :D I`ll try about 2 more coats, and if it`s still building up and looking better I`ll try another. If not, I`ll move on. I`m eager to try that S100.

:up

DDAVER
03-14-2003, 05:49 PM
I did 3 coats of AFPP and it`s topped with 2 coats of S100. The finish is amazing. So clear and so deep!

Patrick
03-15-2003, 03:09 AM
Be leary of using BF Deep Gloss on top of any Carnauba though...The BF QD is a polymer treatment, you may get some added shine, but as for protection, it will never bond with the original paint sealant. The stuff isnt cheap...my .02

tupsliats
03-15-2003, 11:13 PM
The 2nd coat does look pretty good. :D

I didn`t get the BF QD, maybe I should have? I haven`t used a good one before.

Testing new photo site for hosting:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p0f08c1f46434d101982faf9dfe9bf9fd/fc7fda89.jpg

Side note: who makes a MF with no tag stitched on it?

Patrick
03-16-2003, 01:02 AM
Supposedly, Pakshak......