PDA

View Full Version : Glaze under Zaino?

jasonatv22
03-13-2003, 11:17 PM
Well, it`ll be a few weeks before I zaino my black Miata. I`m going to practice my technique on my wife`s silver car. But since the black shows micro scratches so well, can I, like, Meguiars #7 it and then Zaino it?

Or would you suggest some S100 SEC(P?)?

hondaguy2582
03-13-2003, 11:25 PM
do the ppcl from p21s or w/e the s100 equivelent is. Im pretty sure you could use #9 swirl remover from meguiars. I just know from trial and error and info on here that polymers do not bond well to glazes. I made the mistake of doing blackfire over mothers sealer and glaze. btw, silver is such a bia to detail, but it stays clean the most and doesn`t show imperfections like black.

shaf
03-14-2003, 12:56 AM
I believe Bruce Peter is trialing the application of a glaze under Zaino now, but the accepted wisdom is that it`s not a good idea. Even using GEPC/SEC people say you should wash it first.

In any case, you would be better off trying to properly repair the swirls/scratches with an abrasive swirl remover/scratch remover/cleanser, etc. - depending on how bad it is. A glaze is meant to hide it temporarily and another wildcard in the equation is that no one really knows what will happen when you try to stick the short-lived glaze underneath the long-lived Zaino (or polymer sealant).

jasonatv22
03-14-2003, 09:05 AM
Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, since I`m PCless currently, I`ve pretty much done about 80% of what I can do by hand. I think most people would think that I`m nitpicking, which sure, I am, but I don`t want to start my year+ of Zaino layering with surface imperfections.

Again, thanks for the info. The search didn`t seem to work (literally, I got an error message). I`ve been stalling on getting a PC for a while now. When the dollar amount hits that three digits in once purchase, that`s when I start balking at stuff.