PDA

View Full Version : Moose Wax

Pages : [1] 2

Gadfly
03-13-2003, 06:46 PM
Finally! The temperature was above 60 degrees today. It was time to pay attention to my black Santa Fe.

I had used UPP on the vehicle and was very pleased. The protection lasted thru a rough Winter. This time, however, I tried the Clearkote triplets - Vanilla Moose, Moose Wax and their QD, Quickshine. THe Santa Fe had accumulated some spiderweb swirls from a couple of automatic car washes (I know, heresy, but the SALT!) The Vanilla Moose (VM) cut the swirls down considerably (It is supposed to be almost equal to Meg #9) The Moose Wax (MW) really shined up the car. Others have said that the shine is the equal to PS21/S100. I have no reason to doubt this. I`m VERY happy with the deep shine, not unlike that of a couple of layers of UPP.

The finish was a going over with Quickshine (QS). This really brought out the shine. In addition, from my own experience with QS, this QD almost repels dust. I can`t quite reach the center of the roof, so it doesn`t get "serviced." With QS, on the outer panels, the center is always FAR dustier than the rest. I highly recommend this product no matter what is underneath it.

The next 60+ degree day I`ll tackle the wife`s silver spruce Avalon. I plan to use AIO with a couple/three coats of UPP. I like that product! Also, with the durability of UPP I`ll be able to spend more time and attention on MY car!http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1636

2wheelsx2
03-13-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by rayjicka

Also, with the durability of UPP I`ll be able to spend more time and attention on MY car!

Good plan! That`s exactly what I was planning too. Work on my car with products which are optimized for shine, but use products designed for longevity on my wife`s car, so I can spend all my time with my baby. ;)

chasnj
03-14-2003, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rayjicka

[B]Finally! The temperature was above 60 degrees today. It was time to pay attention to my black Santa Fe.

You don`t have to wait until the temp is above 60 to use this product. I used it the other night when the temp was in the low 40`s and still had no problem removing them. The shine is amazing but the only problem I`ve seem to find with vm and mw is that the slickness does not seem to last that long maybe a couple of washings. If anyone has had this problem let me know maybe I`m doing something wrong or it`s suppose to be that way.

Scott P
03-14-2003, 10:07 AM
If anyone has had this problem let me know maybe I`m doing something wrong or it`s suppose to be that way.

I imagine using Quik Shine after washing would maintain the slick feeling. I haven`t used it yet (We take possession of our 2.5 car garage with attached house today), but will be trying it very soon.

Scottwax
03-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by chasnj

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rayjicka

[B]Finally! The temperature was above 60 degrees today. It was time to pay attention to my black Santa Fe.

You don`t have to wait until the temp is above 60 to use this product. I used it the other night when the temp was in the low 40`s and still had no problem removing them. The shine is amazing but the only problem I`ve seem to find with vm and mw is that the slickness does not seem to last that long maybe a couple of washings. If anyone has had this problem let me know maybe I`m doing something wrong or it`s suppose to be that way.

They will lose some of their slickness, but the paint should still feel real smooth and bead just fine. If you use Quikshine every other time you wash (and it only takes 5 minutes or so), your car will remain slick for a real long time.

Ryan
03-20-2003, 09:11 PM
I talked with the company owner of moose products and he told me that moosewax will not take off the vanilla moose and actually "changes" the color of the paint to a good extent. Is this a good thing? Because i always thought that the original look of the paint is best.

I know I want some moose wax for its direct sun quality but does it remove easliy as well?

*I just purchased S10 at the local Harley shop. Scottwax, Do you feel the S100 is a better wax to use to top the glazes than the Moose wax???

Thanks,

Ryan

Scottwax
03-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Vanilla Moose seems very neutral on the paint and doesn`t change the color, just makes it look wetter and deeper. Moose Wax will deepen the actual color slightly-black looks blacker, etc.

Vanilla Moose topped with S100 will keep the color truer-just very deep, wet and reflective.

It just depends on what look you like. I`d give Moose Wax the edge on black and on other colors, it just depends.

huggybear
03-21-2003, 10:46 AM
not to hijack the thread but has anyone tried toping MW with s100?

Scottwax
03-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Calestus

not to hijack the thread but has anyone tried toping MW with s100?

I`ve been using Vanilla Moose and topping it with S100 for a few months now. It is an amazing combination.

Scott P
04-03-2003, 10:52 AM
I finally got to try Vanilla Moose and Moose Wax on my Dad`s truck. It really is wonderful stuff. My father was truly impressed when he took it home. I`ve never felt a finish so slick to the touch. As soon as it warms back up (it`s 30 degrees now), I`ll be applying the stuff to my black Grand Prix or possibly the wife`s Saturn.

I like it better than Zaino for it`s depth of shine and even slickness.

Ryan
04-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Scott P: How did you apply it? Hand or machine?

Ryan

Scott P
04-05-2003, 02:42 PM
I applied Vanilla Moose with an orange pad and my PC. I applied the Moose Wax with a Viking foam applicator by hand.

WS6Fury
04-06-2003, 07:31 PM
i though the MW had no protective properties, if much at all since it removes oxidation and labeled a paint cleanser???

I did, VM, then MW, and topped it with mothers carnuba paste wax (leftovers). Shine was incredible. Car is filthy right now, and its supposed to snow again :( So I`ll see how it holds up to the worste of the worste this week and see how it holds up after a car washing...

Scottwax
04-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by WS6Fury

i though the MW had no protective properties, if much at all since it removes oxidation and labeled a paint cleanser???

Because Moose Wax is a cleaner wax. It will bead for a good 90 days, in my own experience. Vanilla Moose will also protect.

Ryan
04-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Does both Moose wax and Vanilla Moose stain plastic trim or leave dust? Or is it trim friendly? Also, has anyone tried applying Vanilla Moose in the sun? What are the results?

Ryan