PDA

View Full Version : I`ve changed my opinion on s100/p21s.... pics

MnRiverman
03-13-2003, 01:00 AM
Alright, well this weekend it was upper 50s/60 degrees here in good old northern VA, so I washed both my cars. After I washed the BMW which got trashed from the beltway and the rough winter, I decided to give it some loving. ;)

I started with 3M SMR for dark colored cars with a polishing pad, then I decided to try the s100 sepc over the whole car, this is by far the easiest cleanser I have ever used. It goes on and goest off so well, and was a breeze to apply with the PC. Kicks the crap out of Zymol HD in terms of ease of use. I then followed up with s100 paste wax by hand, did two coats on the hood and the lower parts of the doors and the trunk lid and bumpers. Ran out of time to get another coat over the main sections of the doors, so I may do that this wekened when I wash the car again.

Anyways, a few pictures - I think it turned out very nice. From the time I washed it, did the three steps above, detailed the interior, it took about 6 hours, not working non stop however.

This is a really interesting color, almost turquoise in some lights. It`s called Topaz Blue Metalic, and it`s really one of my favorite colors:

http://home.earthlink.net/~adg44/BMW/BMW%20Drivers%20Side%20Driveway.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~adg44/BMW/BMW%20Drivers%20Side%20Front%20Driveway.jpg

Unfortunately it was early in the morning when I took these pictures, and it was in my driveway with the car running (it was damn cold!) so I didn`t get very good shots. :p

Anyway, let`s see how the wax stands up, the liquid look of the car is really starting to grow on me. Yesterday I had it parked infront of don pablos at night with the flouresent lights shining down on it, and the paint really looked great.

So looks like I`m on the s100/p21s bandwagon now. :( :D No more being different for moi.

- Anthony

AMP01
03-13-2003, 01:19 AM
adg44,

Great job on the bimmer!

P21S makes some of the best products out there.

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

procareman50
03-13-2003, 01:23 AM
Looks awesome man!!

How did you like the sepc?? Did you use a PC to apply it??

MnRiverman
03-13-2003, 01:29 AM
Yes, I used a polishing pad and a PC to apply it. I kept the speed at 3.

Worked really well.... :up

I wish I had some better pics, those really don`t do the car justice.

Scottwax
03-13-2003, 01:31 AM
Looks fantastic! S100 grows on you because it seems a day or two later, it looks even better!

procareman50
03-13-2003, 01:31 AM
After you put it on with the PC, do you buff it off by hand, or with another polishing pad???

MnRiverman
03-13-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by bmw530i2003

After you put it on with the PC, do you buff it off by hand, or with another polishing pad???

I buff it off with a MF. That`s what I always do, apply with PC (or wax by hand) and remove with a MF.

Scott, I think you are right. Tonight I noticed the car looked even better, although it was covered in pollen and some dirt. :p

Here is a pic in direct sunlight.... not a swirl to be seen anywhere, and it really does look turquoise doesn`t it?

http://home.earthlink.net/~adg44/BMW/BMW%20Passenger%20Side%20Driveway.jpg

$10 if you can find the dent in my hood from where my friend jumped on it just two months after I got the car.... still need to go get them to reform and push out the hood. :(

- Anthony

procareman50
03-13-2003, 01:45 AM
Is it on the drivers side of the hood to the left of the hood grill (closer to the windshield)??? 10 Bucks for ME????:p :xyxthumbs

Scottwax
03-13-2003, 02:02 AM
adg44-wait until you wash it the first time-the shine seems to deepen even more!

MnRiverman
03-13-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

adg44-wait until you wash it the first time-the shine seems to deepen even more!

I did the SEPC/s100 on the hood of my jetta in the begining of february. I just washed that car this past weekend and I did notice the hood got deeper actually. I applied a second coat and was amazed, so that`s why I did the whole s100 process on the BMW the next day.

- Anthony

imported_edschwab1
03-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Nice work. What did you use on your tires? Now you need to change title from "The Only Zymol Lover" to "S100 Fanclub Memeber."

Eric

MnRiverman
03-13-2003, 01:59 PM
The tires are Stoner More Shine Less Time for Tires. Super easy and quick, and works great. Just one spray around the tire and they have that great look. It usually lasts a while too, when I wash the car I wash the wheels and soap the tires a bit, and it still has somewhat of the black look left.

MnRiverman
03-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Oh and as for chaning my title, I stil like the zymol carbon wax. My only complaint about s100 is that it doesn`t dissipate the water as well as zymol does. Also the zymol seems to apply more evenly.

- Anthony

Lone Wolf
03-13-2003, 08:39 PM
I also agree it looks better after a week..It actually looks alot like Z to me..very reflective yet it still gives that deep liquid look..The Z reflections were sharper but not much IMHO...

LW

Estoril ///M
03-15-2003, 12:22 AM
Topaz blue is a really nice color :D