PDA

View Full Version : Gliptone products

Spilchy
03-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Anyone here try Gliptone products?

I`m interested in the Gliptone Wash `N Glow Car Wash in particular. Autobarn has it for $8 for a 64oz.

It seems to be the same price as Meguiars Gold Class and was curious how it compared.

Anyone?

Thanks! :spot

driveway detailer
03-12-2003, 10:45 PM
I’ve used there carnauba wax back in 1990. When I bought my first car a 240SX. A co- worker used their products exclusively on his restored Vetts. It is on par with Mothers. It has a nice smell, easy on, off and a great shine. PepBoys has been carrying a lot of there stuff lately. Their car wash is probably good. If I could do a search I would attach the link. Under gliptone I posted a little review with a pic about their wax. I think their products are very under rated. They have been around for a long time and think they deserve some recognition on Autopia. I really dont think you`ll go wrong with their car was.

http://www.gliptone.com

Later.......... :xyxthumbs

Patrick
03-12-2003, 11:44 PM
Gliptone Nice web site, very attractive, I would consider a purchase if I didnt have so many already, .....And WHY are there people still selling sealants/protectants with Teflon in them !

After further review, im real curious as to how many replies this thread gets....There products look very interesting, and well presented....and theyve been around since the 40`s....

forrest@mothers
03-13-2003, 09:24 AM
Gliptone is a strong brand in the metro NYC area, but isn`t really known out side of there.

Rocco, the guys who owns it, is a nice guy, and they`re decent, quality products.

FWIW, Howard Stern did their radio commercials the past couple years.

driveway detailer
03-13-2003, 09:45 AM
They could Glip me anytime. :D

Spilchy
03-13-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by SYKER

They could Glip me anytime. :D

Who? The guys in the back?! hehehehe :D

Seriously, lets stay on topic.

I`m going to try a few of their products and I`ll report back.

They have a huge selection of professional products including MF towels. I e-mailed them to see where I can pick some up since the stores just have their commercial stuff.

The products look real decent. Here is a link to locations in the northeast where you can buy them if anyone would like.

http://www.gliptone.com/retail/stores.asp