PDA

View Full Version : Orange Power Pad , Any Problems

Pages : [1] 2

detailbarn
03-12-2003, 04:50 PM
I got an orange power pad from CMA on my last order I`ve used it on three different cars and love the results when I used it with Menzerna. I came into one problem with it , where the backing plate edges end the foam seems to be splitting , it isn `t all the way off yet but it has a deep groove into the foam. CMA is going to let me return it , but I wanted to get more of these but not if this is a common problem , considering I`ve only used it three times I can`t imagine it lasting that long. Oh I used it on my PC with Intensive polish on speeds 5-6 , not sure if the high speed caused it. Any thoughts or similiar problems.

detailbarn
03-12-2003, 06:54 PM
yes , no anyone have any thing on these pads

nate010753
03-12-2003, 08:48 PM
How did you like the intesive polish. I was thinking of getting it to take out some scratches and some serious swirls on the trunk and then doing the entire car with the final. I was wondering how intestensive did when removed light scratches?

detailbarn
03-12-2003, 09:01 PM
I highly reccomend all of the Menzerna products they have a permanent home in my shop. The intensive polish works great for removing scratches , it removed them fast and easy and left a good shine.

ScrampaTeg03
03-12-2003, 09:23 PM
I`ve used it on 2 seperate occasions and have experienced the same problem with the velcro backing. It seems that the backing plate on the PC cuts into the foam causing the splitting. Is CMA paying for the shipping charges? If so I would like to return mine as well.

-Brian

detailbarn
03-12-2003, 09:46 PM
No I don`t think CMA will pay for the shipping , but if you could please let them know this is not an isolated case , hopefully they will recall them and get this issue addressed , they are really great pads I hate to not be able to use them. Thanks

ScrampaTeg03
03-13-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by detailbarn

No I don`t think CMA will pay for the shipping , but if you could please let them know this is not an isolated case , hopefully they will recall them and get this issue addressed , they are really great pads I hate to not be able to use them. Thanks

I will be sure to call them up tomorrow!:up They have offered great customer service to me in the past (sent me a new pad one time before when the other was defective, they didn`t even make me send them the original) and that`s why I continue to order from them.

-Brian

imported_COEX-PILOT
03-14-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by detailbarn

end the foam seems to be splitting , it isn `t all the way off yet but it has a deep groove into the foam. CMA is going to let me return it , but I wanted to get more of these but not if this is a common problem , considering I`ve only used it three times I can`t imagine it lasting that long. Oh I used it on my PC with Intensive polish on speeds 5-6 , not sure if the high speed caused it. Any thoughts or similiar problems.

Same exact problem with mine. Never thought to call CMA about it. I`ll post a picture of my pad tomorrow. I was using Vanilla Moose with it, speed 5 as well. Interesting!

detailbarn
03-15-2003, 07:45 AM
COEX-PILOT can you call CMA too , when I called they where not aware of any such problem. I`m sure if they where aware they would take steps to fix the problem.

I am thinking about getting a larger backing plate for when I use the orange power pad. Any one know if this will have any adverse effects.

I think it`s an easy fix for the pad company , the mounting plate (cloth) on the back of the pad doesn`t go all the way to the edge , allowing the backing plate of the machine to contact the foam. I think if that mounting cloth was extended all the way to the edge it would elimanate this problem.

imported_COEX-PILOT
03-15-2003, 09:42 AM
I agree, the fix is that simple! I wrote CMA and sent the photo along to show what my pad looks like. I`m sure yours looks similar.

detailbarn
03-15-2003, 09:51 AM
Thanks COEX-PILOT thats exactly what mine looks like. Thanks for send that to CMA hopefully they will fix it fast , I love these pads.

imported_COEX-PILOT
03-15-2003, 01:28 PM
CMA replied to my email (and photo) and said it must be defective. Send it back. I`ll do just that. I suggest that anyone else with this problem do the same. They `suggest` that no one else is having problems.

detailbarn
03-15-2003, 03:34 PM
I second that send it back , they also told me that now one else was having a problem , maybe it was a bad batch who knows. Thanks again COEX-PILOT

TortoiseAWD
03-17-2003, 10:53 AM
I got to try the orange pad for the first time this weekend, and had the exact same problem as shown in the picture above. I`ll have to give CMA a call to see what they say.

Tort

imported_Tony
03-21-2003, 02:27 PM
I have had the orange pads for several months but I have not used them. After reading this thread I checked the backing on the pad compared to the Meguiars backing plate( Note the Meguiars backing plate is smaller than the others). The pad backing is larger than the Meguiars plate so hopefully I will not have the same problem.