PDA

View Full Version : Has any one used these Meguiars products?

imported_edschwab1
03-12-2003, 01:45 AM
Has anyone used the following product:

M23 Odor remover

M38 Tire and Trim dressing gel

M36 Hi-tech Wheel Cleaner

M28 All Metal Polish

M96 Medallion Leather care

G41 Natural shine

G94 Carpet and Interior cleaner

G95 Hit Rims

G92 GC instant wheel Cleaner

G91 GC All Metal Restorer

G107 GC Bug and tar remover

G108 GC Trim Restorer

Please post results and opinions on these products? How do the protectants last? How shiny are the protectants? Are the products easy to work with or is there better?

Eric

tkr128
03-12-2003, 02:05 AM
I`ve only used the G41 Natural Shine and G95 Hot Rims.

G41 Natural Shine - It`s an okay protectant, nothing spectacular about it. Leaves a good shine after buffing off, durability is okay. It is a tad greasy though. I have switched over to Vinylex and 303.

G95 Hot Rims - I believe it`s a non-acid wheel cleaner, and works pretty well. Spray on, rinse off. It gets the outsides of the rims pretty clean, but doesn`t work on the insides. Not a bad product. I have also stopped using it because it doesn`t get the insides of the rims clean.

imported_Aurora40
03-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Hot Rims is an acid or alkaline or something cleaner (I think acid). But it isn`t too harsh as far as spray on/rinse off cleaners go, a lot like E1 A2Z (the old A2Z, as I haven`t used the new orange stuff). But #36 is worlds milder. It is non acidic and works really well. It is my favorite wheel cleaner because of how mild it is. If you need something stronger than car wash, but don`t need something as strong as an acid cleaner, #36 is perfect. The Instant cleaner sounds pretty harsh.

I haven`t used Natural Shine, but I have used the GC vinyl/rubber stuff. I hate it. It is really greasy. Maybe the NS is better? #40 is definitely better (though my fav now is Poorboys or Pinnacle) :nixweiss

I think #28 All Metal Polish is pretty great too. It is also mild (mild enough to be safe on coated wheels). It isn`t as effective as other stronger cleaners, though. It leaves a really impressive shine behind as well. And it doesn`t smell crappy and it washes out of the towels you use with it.

I have used the carpet/interior cleaner in the past, but I find APC+ works just as well (maybe better?) and is cheaper. But G94 is pretty good.

G107 Bug & Tar remover is the only b&t I have. It works fine. I don`t know if it would work that well on the real heavy-duty stuff like really old, thick tar. But it makes quick work of the bugs and fresh tar that I get.

imported_edschwab1
03-12-2003, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the info guys. :up I was expecting more posts, maybe more people will give input.

Eric

captkirk2
03-12-2003, 09:05 PM
G92 Instant wheel cleaner contains bi amonium floride (similar to hydrofloric) if I remember correctly.

Platinum leather care is ok nothing special in my book.

the g91 all metal polish scratched my chrome cobra rims so I wont be using that again.

imported_Smoker
03-12-2003, 09:28 PM
:scared :scared

I doubt its similar to Hydroflouric.

Least i hope so.

HF acid is used in the manufacture of Unleaded fuel and has a couple of nasty properties.

It is highly corrosive and eats through glass.

Once on the skin, its absorbed though and seeks out any source of calcium, its favourite food.

I.E. It attacks your bones.

Whereas Flouride is used in toothpaste and drinking water and strengthens ya bones :)

procareman50
03-12-2003, 09:54 PM
Hey Eric,

I don`t know what kind of wheels you have, but I would not use the GC wheel cleaner. I bought some when I first got my car. Used it the first time, and thought, wow, this works pretty good. The second time I noticed how it skillfully corroded my brake discs. That wore off with using the brakes of course, but imagine what it does to the coating of the wheel, especially if it is clear coated at all, or polished. I switched to diluted EFHI, now I am using pH balanced Sonus Wheel Cleaner. Haven`t used any other of your listed products. Good Luck.....:D

Thomasfl
03-12-2003, 10:35 PM
I have used a few of those megiars wheel cleaners in the past, IMO they don`t work especially on something like a BMW. For me it is best to just use my brush and spend a little time getting the wheels perfect with the carwash. I always do this at the end to reduce contaminating the water.

G Money
03-13-2003, 02:32 PM
M96 Medallion Leather Care:

Nothing special. It soaks in fast and in a few days it looks like the leather needs it again. Matte finish and it didn`t soften the leather much either.

Lexol and Eagle One leather products seemed to do more for my car seats.

I wouldn`t recommend Medallion.

jwazuman
03-14-2003, 06:05 AM
I`ve used the odor eliminator....easy to use, simply mist the carpet and allow it to dry. The spray has a pleasant smell that wears of after a couple of hours and eliminated the stale odor that was in the 2000 DeVille I bought recently. It was owned by an older lady and it just smelled stale but not sure why.

Once the smell of the spray wore off the odor was gone and there was no residual smell from the spray. However it did take two to three applications to completely rid the car of the odor.

mx5
03-17-2003, 08:33 AM
I have used the Natural Shine and it does seem a little greasy, but leaves a great shine and lasts. It also has UV protection and is a little cheaper than 303. I like the odor remover for its smell amd it works great on removing odors. Makes your interior smell new.