PDA

View Full Version : Detailing jetski, what products to use?

hondaguy2582
03-11-2003, 10:21 PM
Ok guys, last year, i only used mothers caranuba cleaner wax on my honda for the whole year. I want to use something on the gelcoat that will last the whole 6 months that i have it in the water(not in the water all the time, just during rides and will be put on a hoist). Would aio with the white pad and sg, or is there other products?

thevolvoguy
03-11-2003, 10:30 PM
Well, collonite (sp?) actually makes a "marine wax" that has good reviews in the "review" section. It is pretty readily avalibe, I have seen it as Bass Pro Shop a few miles from my house.

However, I would say AIO and SG would work just as well, if not better. :)

2clean4u
03-11-2003, 10:54 PM
I did a test on my 2 jet ski`s (1999 Yamaha Gp1200, 1995 Kawasaki 750) First dont bother with Meg Gold class It looked nice until I took it out to the lake. The wax came right off. I then tried Meg #26. It lasted much longer It made the water bead. Last Fall I tried Klasse Aio and 3 coats of the high gloss. This looked great. I then stored it for the winter so I have not had a chance to see how long it would last. I also used meg boat and Rv wax with great results. What kind of wax do you have at home. I did the complete detail.

Dawn wash

clay

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing lotion

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

It looked like a brand new watercraft. Got rid of all the water spots