PDA

View Full Version : Judging Sheets

samiam513
03-11-2003, 09:12 PM
I am detailing a show truck for many local judged car shows, and one national.

What I am interested in is whether or not the judges will be willing to let me see their notes on the truck, after judging is complete.

Do judges give you the score sheets?

thevolvoguy
03-11-2003, 09:16 PM
I have never detailed for a show, but I would think that once all judging is completed and everything is said and done there wouldnt be a problem, as long as the owner approved.

It wouldnt hurt to ask though, right?

Just my $.02 :nixweiss

Brad B
03-11-2003, 11:42 PM
In Jaguar Concours you are mailed the sheets after the show so you know what to improve for future events.

Here is a link to Jaguar Score Sheets (http://www.jcna.com/library/concours/Scoresheets.pdf)

chris0626
03-19-2003, 02:06 PM
Although you can use the score sheets, there`s no guarantee they will help. I appreciate it when the judges make specific comments on the sheets (e.g., location of a fabric wrinkle or rust fleck), but not all do. So they might just deduct for cleanliness without giving any indication.

But there`s another option too. At my first concours, I approached the chief judge and asked if it was permissible for me to speak with the team that judged my car (after they completed judging, of course!) to ask for feedback. So when the time came, I approached members of my team and asked for a harda*s evaluation of my Jaguar, making it clear that I want to learn more so I could improve her condition -- not that I wanted to engage in any quibbles. They were incredibly helpful!

But, of course, you`ll want to be sensitive to the "tone" of the event. I`m learning (with just one year of Jaguar concours under my belt) that some clubs are quite formal and "by-the-book," while others are quite relaxed.

skottsmith@sbcglobal.net
04-08-2003, 07:34 PM
I show in many local shows and judge several show per year. Usually the judging sheets are not shared with the show particiapants. Some folks get really upset over not winning and get PO`d. So, the best way to keep the piece is to keep the judging sheets private.

Bill

chris0626
04-08-2003, 07:59 PM
paid4c4, what marque do you judge?