PDA

View Full Version : Detailing is excellent for Cardio.......!

imported_Luster
03-11-2003, 11:35 AM
Most people don`t reallize it, but detailing cars is an excellent cardio-vascular workout!

Even if you just wash, dry and QD, we`re talking about a minimum of 1-1/2 to 2 hours that you never stop moving (and fairly vigorously).

When I`m asked if I excersize, I tell people that I detail cars 3 to 4 times per week........they usually say....."Oh...I see."

I guess they picture me with a tiny detail brush, doing the dash vents. Not much cardio there!

After a full day of detailing, my muscles are usually sore the next day......

But it does help to keep me in shape.

Jake11375
03-11-2003, 11:50 AM
LOL! This is true! Definitely increases your heart rate no doubt! I`ve come in from detailing my car many times soaked in sweat, sore shoulders, forearms, all that jazz. I can relate.:D

boywonder
03-11-2003, 12:26 PM
I can concur with that. Since I have a ton of weight to lose and I will be doing some cars this summer, let`s just say I`ll be thin by 2004. :D

shaf
03-11-2003, 02:22 PM
I agree as well. :) At the height of my detailing activities it was like a semi-regular exercise session, which was nice when people told me to get some exercise, but not so nice when it was HOT out.

Turbonator
03-11-2003, 07:17 PM
i had read or heard somewhere a few years ago that for every fifteen minutes of washing/waxing your car you are burning off 100 calories. if this is true(seems to be for me), i burn off approx. 2400 calories per day and probably more in the HOT summers down here!:xyxthumbs

procareman50
03-11-2003, 09:20 PM
That would be a good workout down in "Kenya" sonny

I spent about an hour last night on my car in 31 degree weather....but it was well worth it!!!

Magellan498
03-11-2003, 09:27 PM
I agree with the cardio work out, but it is also muscular. For those of us still in the stone age and doing a car by hand the stress on your arms is incredible. I didn`t detail cars for four months then tried to overhaul my car and almost couldn`t get through it. I never knew how much in shape I was just from detailing! Apparently detailing is good for your health and your soul. ;)