PDA

View Full Version : Souveran on a light color? dial up beware

imported_Mobile detail
03-10-2003, 07:30 PM
For the guys that have used souveran before, will it make a big difference on a light colored car? The car is a champagne color (below) and I will be giving it a complete cleaning (ie: clay bar, DACP w/ PC, Glaze, Many coats of wax). I was thinking about Souveran, but if it won`t do much for a light colored car, then I will probably stick with the Meguiars (#26 Paste wax) that I`ve been collecting all winter.

Just for the heck of it, can I layer #26 on top of #20?

http://members.shaw.ca/tbirdsc/Pictures/Outside_3.jpg

Sorry about the size of picture, I do not have access to my server right now because my FTP software crashed really hard.

imported_Greg
03-10-2003, 07:50 PM
IMO, I would go out and get some S100, lot cheaper than Souveran and on a light colored car, no difference.

Jngrbrdman
03-10-2003, 07:54 PM
Why, yes you can. :) I love Souveran on light colors. My Accord is the same kind of light champange color. I need to get Jennifer to put some pics in her gallery. Maybe I`ll save her the trouble. It really does look pretty amazing though. It looks better on her car than on my car so she gets to finish up my Souveran while I stick with my P21S.

Jngrbrdman
03-10-2003, 08:00 PM
I love the glow it puts on the corners like around the bumper. It definitely looks good on champange.

Hawkeye_TDI
03-10-2003, 08:04 PM
If you don`t mind a little work Zaino looks brilliant on light cars. The color just pops at you. Really amazing. Souveran, or P212S for dark cars all the way.

Bruce

imported_BretFraz
03-10-2003, 10:58 PM
Carnaubas do not reflect the light as sharply as some sealants do which is why so many here suggest them. Since light colors, esp metallics, refract light more than dark solids, the reflectivity of sealants help a little by offering more visual "pop".

Souveran is pretty expensive just to play with. P21S/S100 is pretty close in performance for a fraction of the price. That`s why its so well liked.

bigpoppa
03-11-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Bruce Peter

If you don`t mind a little work Zaino looks brilliant on light cars. The color just pops at you. Really amazing. Souveran, or P212S for dark cars all the way.

Bruce

on white, I haven`t found anything to match the all out shine of Zaino. on black and other dark colors, Souveran wins, unequivocally. back to white - I`ve tested Souveran, Zaino, P21s, Mothers, Liquid Glass, and Meguiars, and would rank them:

Zaino 9.5

Souveran 9.2

P21s 9.0

Mothers 7.5

Liquid Glass 6.5

Meguiars 6

Zaino has the edge in durability. There are also the differences in shine type - not quality. Zaino, Souveran and P21s all look fantastic, the sealant v. carnauba difference is a matter of personal preference - Zaino is hard-edged shine, while Souveran and P21s have a richer shine to them, that isn`t quite as sharp.

Jngrbrdman
03-11-2003, 12:50 AM
I don`t know how we got off on talking about Zaino when the orginal question is only about carnauba waxes. This guy isn`t looking for a sealant. He is looking for advice on which wax to use on his champange colored car. :nixweiss If you are going to throw Zaino in the mix then why not Platinum, Klasse and the rest of them? Let`s really confuse him. :lol

In the end, the answer is that Souveran does look great on champange. There are always other options, but if you`ve got some Souveran then you won`t be disappointed using it on your car.:xyxthumbs

imported_Mobile detail
03-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Thanks everybody for the info.... When I get time and when the weather finally warms up, I will be detailing the car as well as rebuilding the engine.