PDA

View Full Version : Another first time with Quick Shine review

wizardofahs
03-09-2003, 05:44 PM
This was a hot product here so i bought some. I tried it out today. My paint is brand new, with no wax or glaze or anything. I washed it with pinnacle shampoo. It had some waterspots and micro marring after the washing. It was fairly warm outside and the sun was very bright, which made me a little uneasy. All the other QDs i`ve used were very difficult to use in those conditions, they would always streak or something.

It went on easy and came off easy. No streaking, no discolloration, no marring. Infact the light swirls were noticibly less aparant after the QD.

But, I was hoping it would of helped with the water spots... it removed the center of them, but left the outline. A little dissapointed in that, but i`ve yet to find any QD that removes them for me so i don`t count that as a negative.

Overall :up :up If you don`t have a QD that you really like yet and are looking at this order some up. I think it`s the perfect QD for newer people. It will save a lot of headaches so you can perfect your QD technique without having to run into problems from the sun and whatnot.

Pats300zx
03-09-2003, 05:52 PM
I have heard such good reviews on Quickshine that I am really dying to try this QD. Right now I have Megs, EO, and Griots SS. Always looking to try another new product though.

imported_NHBFAN
03-09-2003, 11:47 PM
Anyone know if you have to wait 24 hours "cure time" before you can apply Quik Shine over P21s?

imported_COEX-PILOT
03-10-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

Anyone know if you have to wait 24 hours "cure time" before you can apply Quik Shine over P21s?

Over P21 you should be able to apply right away. With Blackfire/Zaino etc. it`s probably best to wait until they cure.

Quik Shine was not really designed to remove water spots that are in the paint. I have some water spotting on the roof of the Bug and not even Perfect III with a PC can get these out. I guess it all depends upon what type of water spotting you have to get rid of.

imported_NHBFAN
03-15-2003, 01:04 PM
Used Quik Shine today for the first time. Couldn`t be any easier to use, and what a fantastic shine. My truck looks as good as if I just waxed it with P21S.

I just bought a quart ... rats, knew I should have bought a gallon!