PDA

View Full Version : I think i`m going to do it

wizardofahs
03-09-2003, 05:25 PM
My college has a big weekly celebration every year (E-days... Engineering days) and one of the clubs (SAE) hosts a car show. I think this year i`m going to enter. It`s probably about the most unofficial car show i could enter, and thus a good place to start. The judging is done by the people there by writing down which they liked on a sheet of paper, and any car of any kind is allowed. It only costs like 20 bucks though so i think i`ll do it just for fun (chances are i can get a few jobs out of it anyway).

The timing puts it at just after i`m allowed to wax my paint. So i`ll probably park it in the garage for 2 days and do the full treatment (klasse and maybe some s100). I think people usually go for just the cooler cars (sooped up vettes and old hotrods) rather than the clean and shiny ones, but it should be fun anyways. I`m going to try and convince my friend with the black Viper to let me detail it for him and enter it too. That would have a good chance of wining. Im going to see if i can find some pictures of the previous years event to do some research

Pats300zx
03-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Awesome !!!! Car shows are great. Its all about meeting people and having fun.

Once you start you`ll never want to stop...

Let us know the results and good luck :D

wizardofahs
03-09-2003, 05:47 PM
I want to build one of those sign things. For my "Mods" catigory i can list "painted headlights and tinted windows" :) . I really want to try and sell the detail job. I know people will be looking for other `cool stuff` so maybe if i have a table with some products or a sign about what i used (maybe some flyers people can take with the process) it will get people to look away from the fact that it`s just a $19,000 stock civic, and toward the fact that it`s a $19,000 daily driver that looks like a $80,000 garage queen.

If i can get it to look better than this (taken a few months ago)

http://www.mines.edu/students/p/pfchrist/civ/civ1.jpg

http://www.mines.edu/students/p/pfchrist/civ/civ5.jpg

i`ll be happy

More pics at http://www.mines.edu/students/p/pfchrist/civ/

GP Infinity
03-09-2003, 06:27 PM
I like about shows like that is just getting your business card to put in my pocket and to refer to later.. if you have a website that you could post the pics of your car from the show, then that would be a good reminder of which car(s) were yours..

just my .02

Dana

Pats300zx
03-09-2003, 06:39 PM
I just had a car poster made for my car for shows. If you interested PM me and I can tell you where I got it done. The person does awesome work and is very reasonable.

Brad B
03-10-2003, 09:02 AM
Way to go! :xyxthumbs We wish you luck! Keep us posted on your progress!

Polish, polish, shine, shine, go, go!!!!:D

Wait..............you missed a spot!:scared

wizardofahs
03-12-2003, 10:29 PM
looks like this should be fun. I just went out to get some food and the local fast food place (Hamburger Stand) was having thier car show they do on some wensdays. A lot of old hotrods and stuff (probably a lot of what i`ll be up against). I was just getting some food and some people told me i had a really nice car. I guess they just saw the shine and assumed i was there for the show... the nice part is i haven`t even got started with the detailing yet. :D

SilverSparkle
03-15-2003, 08:37 PM
Good Luck! You`ll find an appreciation for you`re car, no matter what the make, because people truly notice how much work you`ve put into it`s care.......

I`m new here, but have been helping detail National shiow winning muscle cars for years now..

My Hemi Super Bee just won Best of Show at a state regional show in it`s first outing with a 26 year old paint job!

Once you start going, win or not, you just keep going back....

Brad B
03-16-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by SilverSparkle

My Hemi Super Bee just won Best of Show at a state regional show in it`s first outing with a 26 year old paint job!

Once you start going, win or not, you just keep going back....

You`re very right about getting addicted!

And about your Super Bee....Start a new thread and show us some pics...PLEASE!!!!!!:D You don`t see those beauties every day!

C. Charles Hahn
03-16-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by SilverSparkle

factory original?? :showpics

SilverSparkle
03-18-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

factory original?? :showpics

I will take some pics and post them ASAP...Yes, It`s 100% factory original, numbers matching, one of 94 ever made...

Found by me sitting in a garage for 20 years! :shocked