PDA

View Full Version : ok guys i need some profesional opinions FIRST POST HELP

Orkin Yards
03-08-2003, 10:05 PM
I started detaling my jeep grand cherokee 5.9 limted, did a touch of research on this site and settled for what i could get in town.... i washed it twice using meguiars car wash, then dired it with some micro fiber towels....then i used the clay bar i had with some meguiars instant detailer spray and i have the 3 step meguiars sitting downstairs for tomorrow.... my questions is FIRST is their anything i can do to fix what i`m calling the natorious clear coat problem on jeeps..... basically after the 2 washes the clay bar my hood still looks terrible, i mean it shines for sure but it just has all these little spots that from past experiences w/ jeeps is the clearcoat messing up, is there anything i can do to this? will the 3 step process fix any of that crap??

the other thing i wanted to ask was what is the prefered method for doing this 3 step thing? i`ve got a radial buffer with a "applyy" and "buff polish" setting....i just want to do this right the first time while i`m doing it thanks guys

jeff

Scottwax
03-08-2003, 11:55 PM
The only thing that will fix your cleacoat problems is a repaint. Once it starts peeling off, it can`t be fixed. You should really be down at your dealer raising all kinds of hell about the paint. If I remember right, the 5.9s came out in 98, so it shouldn`t be more than 5 years old. There is absolutely no excuse for a clear coat to start degrading in 5 years.

Once you have your paint situation sorted out, forget about the 3 step line that Meguiars has (I assume you mean the Deep Crystal System) and go with Meguiars Mirror Glaze line-#9, #7 and #26. (use them in that order) and I think you will be much happier with the results.

shaf
03-09-2003, 02:56 AM
Yes, unfortunately if the problem is actually *in* the clearcoat all the way through it (due to shoddy factory work) and not just a surface problem there`s not much you can do for it. :(

Orkin Yards
03-09-2003, 09:50 AM
what`s going to be the diff in the deep crystal and the mirror glaze?

schoi
03-09-2003, 12:34 PM
The mirror glaze stuff is Meg`s professional line. It`s generally better than its burgundy bottle counterparts.

I used to use #7 and #26 all the time and loved it.